of changed subjects and changbin's loss

"What you did to my brother was really messed up, dude. He's been spending the last few days crying. And honestly, as much as I love you, I think you should stay away from him and give him space." Chan breathed out.

When he heard the last sentence, Changbin's eyes burned with anger as he stood up, yelling "Who the fuck are you to try separating me from my mate, huh?!"

He was prepared to swing at Chan but Woojin stopped him, telling him to calm down and setting him back down on the sofa.

Changbin breathed in and out, calming himself before apologizing. "I- I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me."

"It's normal for you to have a sense of protectiveness over your mate." Woojin said.

"I mean, I guess it's fine, and I still see you as my best friend, but Felix comes first." Chan gave a small yet sad smile before walking out.

Chan thought what he was doing was right... but it was very wrong.

"I swear to god I really want to punch Changbin in the face." Seungmin imagined Jeongin's face as Changbin's and started lightly punching him.

"Hey, i'm not Changbin, keep off!" Jeongin swatted his hands away.

It has been a day since Changlix's fight. And both sides weren't handling it well. Felix was sprawled out on his bed, eyes still swollen as he stared at the ceiling thinking of nothing in particular, as his two best friends were on each side of him.

Suddenly, Felix thought of something. He cleared his throat "Hey Jeongin, isn't your birthday coming up in 2 days?"

Jeongin and Seungmin stopped their little cat fight and looked at Felix, and suddenly all their attention was on him.

"Actually, it is. How did I forget..." Jeongin said.

"Because you rarely use your brain." Seungmin sassed.

"I'm not even doing anything to you, why do you keep bullying me." Jeongin whined as Seungmin stuck his tongue out.

"On birthday you're going to find out who your mate is, right?" Felix faced him.

"Yeah, and I still think it's Chan. But who knows." Jeongin sighed.

"How about you, Seungmin? How's it going with Hyunjin?" Felix faced the said male.

"Eh, we're doing fine... had a few dates and all that. But he hasn't asked me to be his boyfriend." Seungmin frowned. "Wait, this isn't supposed to be about us."

Jeongin gestured Seungmin to move closer to him, as he proceeded to whisper in his ear. "Hey, this is how Felix is trying to forget about his problems, so let him talk." Seungmin nodded.

Felix looked at the two of them. "What?"

"Nothing nothing, so what else do you want to know?" Jeongin leaned closer to him.

"Who are you inviting to your party? I can't believe you're turning 17— One step closer to (the diamond life) adulthood." Felix grinned.

"Hm, I want to have a small party, probably just the Minsung couple, Hyunjin, Chan, and Woojin? Though I don't know him that well... maybe Chan would invite him. Wait, would Chan even go?" Jeongin panicked. He didn't know what to do.

"Me and Felix's birthday gift to you is arranging your party, right Felix?" Seungmin said as Felix nodded in reply. "Oh, and he'll make sure Chan comes."

"Yeah, Felix might get me scented things like what he wanted us to give Jisung. Take him with you." Jeongin snorted as everyone laughed.

"Hey, but what we bought was scented anyways. Cologne, was it?" Felix smirked.

"Touché."

"Okay, so for the cake, we'll order from B'Chill... wait Felix why aren't you going to work there anymore?" Seungmin raised an eyebrow.

"Uhhh, I quit a few weeks ago."

"What? You did?!" Seungmin ad Jeongin said in unison as they both widened their eyes.

"I did." Felix scratched the back of his head. "But I found a replacement though, his name's Jae. He's from LA and my old friend."
(everyone needs a bit of day6 in their lives amirite)
(no one asked but my bias is dowoon and jae and young k)

"Oh cool. At least you found a replacement." Jeongin acknowledged.

"Felix doesn't need to work anyways, he's hella rich." Seungmin snorted as Felix flicked his forehead, he and Jeongin laughing at his friends.

Felix felt a pain in his body as he thought of something, most in his heart, but decided not to mind it.

is the ending near? 🤔
o_O

anyways thanks for 50k! for that i'll do a character q & a
but i'll have the worse responses ever my god i hate myself

felix

changbin

chan

jeongin

seungmin

woojin

minho

jisung

hyunjin

bambam

yugyeom

changbin's dad

changbin's mom

me, your #1 hoe