Chapter Thirty-two: Hypnosis

Arriving at Gothi's hut, Hiccup pushes through the other Riders already gathered there to get to Gothi. "What is it Gothi? Is Draira ok? Will she recover?"

Gothi scratches something through the dust on the floor. "She says she's should be fine, although Gothi still hasn't figured out why the Dragon Root affected her so much."

"Then why are we here?" asks an annoyed Snotlout. Gothi whacks him on the head. "Ow, what was that for?!"

Gothi only answers his first question. "She says that while she was fixing Draira up, she found symptoms that Draira had been.. hypnotized?"

"What?!" they all gasp.

"Why would someone want to hypnotize Draira?" asks Dagur.

Hiccup rubs the back of his neck. "Maybe because she's my half-sister?" he mumbles, half to himself.

"What?!" everyone exclaims again. They could all hear him with well.

"So, who's her other parent?" asks the ever-observant Heather.

"Oswald the Agreeable," says Hiccup sheepishly.

"WHAT?!" Heather and Dagur's jaws practically drop to the floor.

The moment is broken when Gothi whacks all of them on the head. "Ow, cut it out grandma!" yelps Dagur, earning him a glare from the wise old woman.

She scratches something on the floor again. "She says she can find out why she was hypnotized by hypnotizing her to tell us," explains Fishlegs.

"Won't that like mess with her brain or something?" questions Snotlout. Gothi shakes her head no.

"So what are we waiting for?" asks Tuffnut. "Let's hypnotize her!" He frowns. "And that sounds evil."

Gothi nods and motions for us to stand back. Then, she gently shakes Draira awake. "Huh?" she groans, her green eyes lifting gently open. Immediately, Gothi weaves a circle like pattern in front of Draira's face with her staff. "Wha- what's happening?" Draira manages before her eyes close again. Gothi nods to Hiccup who gulps nervously.

"When you awake, tell us about why you were hypnotized and what it did to you before falling asleep again," Hiccup says. He turns to Snotlout who's face is red from holding his breath so he wouldn't say anything, partly due to Tuffnut covering his mouth. Hiccup raises an eyebrow at it but does nothing to stop the twin. Then, he turns back to Draira and snaps his fingers.

Her eyes instantly snap open again with an almost haunting look to them. "I do not know the intentions of the one who hypnotized me... all I know is that they made me forget things.. important things. Things that I have begun to learn again." Her eyes cloud over. "They will come back again. And this time, they will finish what they started."

"Who hypnotized you?" asks Dagur, but Draira's eyes are already closing once more. He turns to glare at Gothi. "We need to find out who hypnotized her!" He has the same dangerous glint in his eyes that he has always had when Heather had been in danger.

Gothi shrugs and writes something on the ground. "She says she'll try." So, once again, she hypnotizes Draira, and Hiccup instructs her to tell them who hypnotized her.

With a snap of the fingers, Draira's eyes flash open, and her voice echoes as though someone else is saying the words through her. "You are trying to learn information that shall not be learned." She pulls out her electrocuting daggers. "For that, you must die!" She lashes out at the closest person, which happens to be Snotlout. Screeching in surprise, Snotlout barely avoids the brunt of the attack, but still manages to barely touch the shocking daggers, rendering him unconscious.

Next, she turns to Fishlegs, who is backing slowly away from her. A crazed glint is in her clouded green eyes, and her daggers twirl expertly around her fingers. She aims one right at Fishlegs's heart...

And is abruptly knocked off her feet by a kick from Astrid. The dagger impales itself next to Fishlegs, causing him to squeak in fright. Draira turns to Astrid, an angry furrow in her brow. She tries throwing her other dagger, but Astrid leaps out of the way just in time. Growling, Draira leaps at her but trips over Ruffnut's outstretched foot. She barely manages to catch herself before Heather lightly pushes her the other way. Backpedaling on herself, Draira's arms flail in the air as she tries to regain equilibrium, and her injured foot twists under her. She doesn't show any indication of being hurt, only sending an annoyed glare in her foot's awkward looking position.

In her moment of distraction, Dagur comes up behind her and whispers, "Sorry," before using one of her pressure points to knock her unconscious. She goes limp, and Dagur barely catches her before she crashes to the floor.

After he has gently placed her back on the floor, he turns his anger on to Gothi. "What just happened?"

She shrugs looking just as shocked at the turn of events as the rest of them. She scrawls something down. "She says this has never happened to her before. The previous hypnosis must be very powerful for Draira to attack us like that," explains Fishlegs.

"Obviously," says Snotlout, groaning as he got up. "Thor, that hurt."

"Well look who finally woke up from his beauty sleep," remarks Dagur, crossing his arms.

"Ha! Like you could've avoided her attack any better," retorts Snotlout, rubbing his head. "Those kitchen knives were no match for my amazing wa- aah!" He limps backward, clutching the foot that had just been stepped on by Heather. "Hey... what was that for?!"

"Is there any other way we can find out who hypnotized her without her attacking us?" wonders Astrid.

Gothi shakes her head no from her place on the ground as she inspects Draira's swollen foot. She stands up and writes something on the ground. "She says that the fight aggravated Draira's injury, so Gothi is going to have to keep her for longer than she originally thought."

"How long?" asks Hiccup.

Gothi thinks and then writes, "A few days at best, a week at worse. But she'll have to stay off her feet for at least a month afterwards." Then, she shoos them away so that she could continue healing Draira.

A/N
Ah! I'm so sorry everyone! This is the second time in a row that Draira has been unconscious the whole chapter! Well, almost the whole chapter. Anyway, I promise the next chapter will be in her POV. Also.. aren't you all happy this is an extra chapter?! I am. There will still be an update this weekend.
Thanks for reading,
TheDragonGirl