The (Shipped) Golden Standard

Chapter 13:
The (Shipped) Golden Standard

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

I wake up to find myself curled up on Willow's sofa alone. She must of got up to check on her brothers.
A slight smile forms on my face as I remember everything.
It was all okay.
From now on, there'd be no complications. Nothing at all.
And after we graduated, we could move in together after college. Yes, that sounded like a good plan.
I pull out my phone from my back pocket and check the time.
6:38pm.
And a missed notification from Pete Wentz.
So I check it.

Pete: I know you signed up to be a drummer, but we've heard your singing. Any chance you could be our lead singer? We're kinda working on getting our buddy, Andy to join.

I hesitate a moment. I guess I was up for it.

Me: Yeah, whatever. I'm in. Thanks.

I guess I should explain. I was a drummer. And I had told Willow a few days ago that I was, so it wasn't like I hadn't told her. But I decided I needed to move on, so I quit the band I was in. Two days later, I found another forming band. It consisted of two guys currently, not including me. Their names were Joe Trohman and Pete Wentz. I just hadn't been able to tell her about all of this because I wasn't completely sure I was in until then.

Willow trudges in the room, and as soon as she sees that I'm awake, she comes up to me and kisses me. She looks so beautiful, so perfect, and for a moment we just sit there looking into each other's eyes. She moves up on the sofa, and goes to sit on her lap, but I move up for a joke.
She looks at me with her beautiful brown eyes, and pouts.
So I scoop her up and begin to tickle her.
"Stop, Patrick, stop!" She's laughing so hard there's tears forming in the corners of her eyes.
"No can do, my little Willow Tree!" I'm trying to keep a straight face, but it's definitely not working, because I'm chuckling too. I couldn't help it. Her laugh was contagious.

When I finally stop, she slings her arms around my neck, and we sorta snuggle for a little while.
This was the time to tell her about my plans for the future.
"So, Will. I'm going to sound so crazy because that's just the way I put things. But I've been thinking about us. In two weeks time, when we graduate, there'll still be an us, so we may as well think about the future. Me and two guys I met at a bookstore in town a few days ago have got me in their band. That'll be how I'll be making money, but after college, I want to get us a little house on the outside of Chicago, where we can start our loves together. Get where I'm going with this."
She turns around to face me, and cups my face in her little hands.
"Trick, that sounds perfect. And yes, there'll be an us. There's always going to be an us. Silly muffin." I smile at her and she taps my nose with her finger.
She lays her head on my chest, and stands up.
"Willow, I gotta go check on my dad, so I guess I better go. I'm happy you're okay and this is all sorted."
I kiss her forehead and she holds my hand all the way to the door. I depart quietly, and prepare myself for going home.

*************************************************************

🌸[Author's Note]🌸
Well, thanks for reading this chapter. After I deleted the old version of this, I wasn't sure I'd get as many likes as I could get because I uploaded all of the chapters together for convenience. I just looked at the reads. Over 90?! I wasn't actually sure that anybody would read it, because my writing sucks! Anywho, thank you so much! If you like it, please feel free to keep reading.
Hugs,
Kelsey x