W.A.M.S

Chapter 16:

W.A.M.S

*Authors Note*

Sorry for not updating; I've been writing music lately, so I've been sidetracked! Sorry, ily all so much 💕😭💕

*********************************************

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

So this was where you could say our story started.

We started college, and we were at happiest.

I grab a bottle of water from the refrigerator, and turn to see Dad standing in the doorway with a smile on his face.

"Hi... Dad." I wasn't sure what to say. I didn't have any idea what was going on.

He laughs at me. A genuine laugh. Not something I'd heard from him for years.

"I bet you're wondering how your old Pops became so happy. Seems we've both changed. You used to be a little rebel, kid, and now look at ya! You have a lovely girlfriend and you're moving into your own house."

I smile at him. Yes, it was strange for him to be this way, but something had changed his perspective on life, so if he was happy, I was happy.

"How are you, Dad?"

**********************************************

*Willow's P.O.V.*

"Patrick?" I call up the stairs.

I hear a distant reply, and sigh.

"Mind getting your butt down here to help me? My stuff's all packed, it's just you who's slacking, buddy."

I don't hear anything after that, so I trudge upstairs to see what the big idea was.

There was Patrick, with the glummest face you could imagine.

"What's happened? Are you okay?" I feel a sense of concern setting in.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You know, it's the first time in years Dad's been happy. I suddenly feel regret for leaving alone, when after all this time he's been feeling so alone."

I look deep into his deep, sad eyes and say:

"You know what? He'll not be alone. We're just around the corner and up the road, and no one's ever truly alone. I should know."

He nods and me and pulls me in for an embrace.

"Thanks for always being here, Willow. No matter what happens between us, I'll always love you."

I tear up a little, because the word 'always' is something that never happens to me, and I mumble out "I'll always love you too."

************************************************

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

We pack up the last box, and get going on the road.

Willow's speaking to me about our new place, and how great it's going to be, but I'm sidetracked at the moment.

What she doesn't know is our band is about to release a new album, Fall Out Boy's Evening With Your Girlfriend.

And if all goes well, I'll start touring with the guys, and maybe I'll be able to achieve my dreams.

But I don't know how to tell her that maybe one day soon, I'll have to leave her here alone for a while.

She knows I've been with the band a lot lately, and she says she doesn't mind, but she doesn't tell me enough for me to know whether she's lying or not.

We get all of our boxes put into the house, and suddenly memories come flooding back.

My childhood home.

I could just imagine my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures laying on the floor, all of he photographs on the wall, and Mom.

Mom.

Willow walks to me and hugs me tight.

"Are you going to be okay living here?"

I smile weakly at her and hug her back.

"of course. It just brings back so many memories. But we'll be making lots of new ones together, right?"

She nods and picks up another box.

"Come on, I need some man power to lift these boxes upstairs.

I pull up my sleeve and flex my muscles, and she giggles a little.

When we've finally got all of our things upstairs, I decide to tell her.

"Willow?" She walks in from the bathroom and smiles.

"Look, Willow, we need to talk. It's kinda serious, and I don't know how this will turn out."

She sits on the window pane and pats it, motioning me to sit next to her.

"What's the matter, Patrick?"

I sigh and look her directly in the eye.

"My band, well it's not even mine, but... Well, we're releasing an album, and if all goes well, I'll be touring. But the only downside is that I might have to leave you here. And no, it's not something I want to do... And it might not even happen!"

Willow raises her eyebrow and laughs.

"You thought I'd be angry? Don't be silly, I'm really happy for you!" She kisses my cheek, and we continue unpacking boxes.

But do you know what?

Nothing happened with that album.

A few gigs and shows, tiny interviews, but no tour.

I was happy, yet so bitterly disappointed.

I guess I wanted the guts and glory.