The Pros And Cons Of Breathing

Chapter 14:
The Pros And Cons Of Breathing

*ONE WEEK LATER*

*Willow's P.O.V.*

Another week passed, and boy, did it go by fast!
Me and Patrick were as close as ever. We spoke every day, by text and met up often.
Today he had a surprise for me, apparently.

*****************************************************

I do my make-up extra carefully, making my usually thin, flicked eyeliner into bold, thick lines, and adding a little dark red lip stain just to contrast my outfit, which consisted of my usual black jeans, but with a floaty black shirt, flat shoes, and my signature fedora. My last one. I'd lost all of the others in places where I probably couldn't get them back.
I finished getting ready just as the doorbell rings.
I grab my phone, and open the door. There at the door, Patrick stands with a box of orchids. He looks amazing, as usual, but he's wearing a blue flannel shirt which really makes him look incredible. He must of wanted to make a big impression, I guess. It worked though.

"Hi!" I say pleasantly. He nods at me and smiles. I take the orchids from him and motion for him to come in.
I go into the lounge and place them on the coffee table.
I walk back into the hallway, only to be picked up bridal style by Patrick.
"Hi." He says.
"Yeah, Mom? I'm going, okay?" I call up the stairs.
I hear her shout and I signal Patrick to come on. He still carries me, refusing to put me down. The neighbours give me a funny look, but we don't care.
Wherever we were going, it must have been a while to walk to, because he had borrowed his dad's car.
He opens the door and gently puts me into the passenger seat, then runs to the other side and gets in himself.
"So, where are we going?" I knew he wouldn't tell me, but it was worth a try.
"Try as hard as you can, Will. My lips are sealed. You'll just have to wait until we get there. And it's not too far away, so don't you worry, my little Willow Tree."
I giggle at my new nicknames. I was yet to find his. Right now, I'd just have to stick with Trick.
"Well, I thought I'd just let you know, you're the Stumph to my Willow Tree. You complete me."
"Good one. I'll live by those words, Will."

When the car ride finished, Patrick goes around and opens the door for me. I blush, as he's being such a gentleman.
He covers my eyes, and he leads me forwards. I have absolutely no idea where we're going, but I know Patrick is excited for this, as he's slightly shaking. It's pretty cute, actually.
When we get there, he uncovers my eyes, and I blink away the sudden sunlight.
We sit down, and he takes my hand.
He's lead me to the most beautiful lake, and it looks even more breathtaking as the sun is setting now. He turns to me.
"What do you think?" He looks at me hopefully.
"I love it, Patrick." I was obviously confused in why we here, but I didn't want to upset him.
"If you look over there, there's a little house, if you can see. And it's perfect for us."
I got it now.
"What if it's gone by the time we leave college? What do we do then?" He nods at me and taps his head.
"All sorted. This used to be where I lived as a kid with my parents, until my mom left us."
"Oh, I'm sorry. So you don't mind living here?" I look him straight in the eye and he looks back at me.
"Of course. Because when I look at that house now, I remember only our memories. Every single moment, right down to the second I saw you. That's the only thing I see now."
So we sit and talk for a few hours, forgetting all our troubles, planning what we'd be in just a few years time.

********************************************************************************

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

After I lead her back to the car, and we have no idea what time it is, but we set off anyway.
"I had a great night with you, Patrick. I really do love you, you know."
We both blush. Seriously, after all this time, you would of thought that the modesty had faded, but it never had.

************************************************************************************

Author's Note

Just a short chapter, needed something to fill you in and I know it sucks, but well, uh, writer's block I guess.
And the pressure of the fact that 123 people are reading this so far.
HELP!
Hugs,
Kelsey x