Chapter 11: Kill You

QOC: Who's your favorite author on Wattpad? (Mine's sakz15 )

o • O • o
Sam's POV
O • o • O

I'm not a person that is easily distracted. Once I have my mind set on something that I need to do, I stay focused on that task. It becomes my quest, and I don't really bother with outside disturbances.

So paying attention to this game Kyra and Cameron call "What are you" should be a breeze. But it's just not right now. Because guess what? I can't get that stupid, irritable boy off of my mind.

It's been two days since the fight I had to split up, and it's been two days since I've seen Kason — or Kassidy, for that matter. I'm guessing she's pretty pissed at me for calling her out on her cowardice stance. But it's not like we're friends anyway. It's actually quite stupid of her to put emotions before her job. She's supposed to be "body-guarding me" or whatever. So giving into some frivolous comment I made and not showing up is sort of petty and ridiculous. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings.

"An early bird or a night owl. What are you?" Cameron asks, reading off of one of the many index cards that Kyra and him had made with a bunch of markers one day.

"An early bird," I say distractedly, picking at my nail as I think about Kason's body pressed against mine.

"Meh. I'm not really sure if I'm an early bird or a night owl," Cameron says flatly. "I guess I'm just like a permanently exhausted pigeon." He shrugs.

Kyra snorts and falls into a few chuckles. "That's an awesome response," she giggles. "You won that card." She hands him the card she'd read off of with her deep-blue painted nails she'd gotten done apparently yesterday evening.

To be honest, I'm even clear on the rules or anything. I answer vaguely, and just hand whoever the card when I'm done reading questions. I'm not engaged enough into this, but Cameron and Kyra seem immersed plentifully. And that's fine with me. At least they're not trying to be all up in my face if they sense that I'm off somewhere else inside of my head.

Knock-knock-knock.

We all stop playing the card game and look out toward the hallway from Cameron's bedroom door. He sighs and pushes up off of his stomach-lying position to stand.

"I'll be right back. I ordered new strings for my guitar. It's probably the UPS guy," Cameron says casually.

I nod.

"Kay," Kyra says. "We'll be waiting here."

Cameron vanishes downstairs, leaving me and Kyra to sit in complete silence. It's just plain awkward for a minute since I don't exactly have a phone to steer away from conversation with. But Kyra speaks up, making small talk.

"So, instead of asking if you think the weather is nice to break this tension, how about I ask what kind of weather you like best," Kyra says with a soft smile, looking at me patiently.

I shrug. "I don't know. I like overcast days best, with rain fifty percent chanced."

Kyra's perfectly carved eyebrows furrow. "Why fifty percent?"