Chapter 23: Except For Sam And Bunny

QOC: Which do you prefer: indoors or outdoors? ( I live on a mountain near the forest, so I'm always outside whether I'm writing, drawing, etc. )

o • O • o
Sam's POV
O • o • O

I laugh and nod in agreement as we walk towards the small shack at the top of the hill. "I've never been to school, but the way you exaggerate makes it sound like hell," I chuckle.

Kason groans. "You have no idea. I can't even pay respect to the teachers because I get so pissed off and bored just for the sole fact that I'm there."

I snort. "What do you mean?"

He sighs. "Well, for example, when Ms. Dale asked me where my book was for science, I told her I'd left it at home. She asked what it was doing there, so I gave her an answer." He shrugged. "It really wasn't disrespectful, I guess. She's just really easy to tick off."

I smirked interestedly, holding my heels in one hand as the sand softly squished beneath my feet. The ocean gently kisses the side of my left foot every now and then, and the sound is relaxing. With my other hand, Kason's is surrounding it in a snug hold. We sway our arms gently.

"What did you tell her?" I ask, curious.

"That it was having more fun than me," He says nonchalantly. I laugh a little and shake my head with a smile.

"Clever," I comment.

"I know."

I roll my eyes and we continue to walk in a comfortable silence toward the tiny shack. My curiosity continues to eat me alive. What more could Kason offer? I met Black Violin. Both of the guys were exactly how I thought they'd be: kind, energetic, passionate, and fun. It wasn't like a fan meeting their famous idol. It was more like a friend catching up with her friends. Kevin even let me play his freaking violin, and seemed impressed. Then Wilner stepped in and recorded me. I was a nervous and excited wreck, but by the end of it, they had a video saved of me because they really enjoyed my covers of their songs. It was just...it's indescribable.

I have a headache now from all the crazy noise and ruckus of the night, but it's calming now. So Kason is also giving me a relaxing night on the beach as well.

So what else could he surprise me with, really? He gave me his best attitude and happiness, apologized, and got me a picture and an hours worth of hang out time with my favorite musicians on the planet. Oh, and he changed an entire vacation plan his family had set up just so I could meet them. I feel spoiled at this point, or well over it, and I would feel horrible if he did anything else. I told him this, yet he ignored me and reminded me that he was making up for his "asshole ways," and that no gift was going to make up for it anyway.

"Can we take this as starting over? This night? Can we pretend like we just met and have gone on our first date?" I ask randomly, sort of shy. I'm not even ashamed of admitting this as a date. It's the least I could say since he's done everything for me tonight.

I look at his profile hopefully, and he smiles at me when he faces me too. "Alright, sure." He stops walking, and I follow suit in confusion.

He holds out his hand. "I'm Kason Ryhawks, darling. Womanizer. Player. Fuckboy. Whatever you want to call me. And I make peoples' lives a flaming hell." He smiles sweetly, sarcastically at the end, and I snort.