Chapter 32: I Can't Breathe

QOC: Do you have a favorite hobby? (Mine are writing & photography.)

o • O • o
Kassidy's POV
O • o • O

He defiled me.

He degraded me.

And because of that, every time I see him, I want to murder him torturously.

Scott Danes took my innocence without my consent, snatching my confidence and sanity along with it. I was locked up in my room for three weeks because I was so afraid of seeing another boy. What if he took advantage of me? What if the next guy did more than just rape?

I thought I was strong. But I wasn't. I couldn't fight back, and I was drugged anyway. I was naïve for taking that drink from him. I was ignorant for being reckless at a party in high school. Albeit I was only a freshman when he did it to me, but I still knew better. I was younger than everyone there, and I still knew better.

I'm smart. I skipped grades ahead, yet I still took that drink.

That's why I decided to begin training to be in protection services. Scott. He steered me away from my dream of becoming a doctor, and gave me the passion to become a protector from people like him. And even though I've started at the bottom as a mere high school security guard, I'm slowly making my way up. After this year, I'll be in the beginning stages of an FBI agent career. And my first case will be taking down Scott Danes. And I will win in honor of me, Sam, and any other girls that were assaulted or were almost assaulted by him.

For now, I just have to refrain from beating the living hell out of him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I growl.

He glares down at me. "Where's Sam?"

I cross my arms and size him up.

"She's not here," Kyra states firmly. "So get the hell out of here or I'm calling up security."

"Security isn't going to stop me from bashing her fucking skull in," He seethes.

I feel shock register through me. Scott has always been certifiably insane, but I've never heard him angry before. He's always just...looney and satanic. In an eerie and calm way, he managed to terrify anyone. But this is a whole new level. He's pissed.

My own protective and furious side kicks in, and I sense that Kyra's does too. I know we'd do our best to fend him off if this situation did resort to violence, but I doubt we could do much. I'm well trained, but Scott fights in the underground ring that Dad owns. And my father has made sure that I've learned my own share of self defense strategies and tactics, but I'm no match for the second-placer on the leaderboard in that fight club (my brother being the first-placer).

Still, I'd do everything to keep Sam out of harm's way. She's tough and guarded, but I know that Scott has scarred her confident tissue. I was the same way - feeling like I could take on the world and defend myself - but when he...hurt me, it all vanished.

Scott's eyes snap up suddenly, his penetrating gaze moving away from us and to something behind us. I look over my shoulder to see Sam peeking her head out of the dressing room, eyes wide in complete horror. It seems like a billion thoughts are running through her mind.