16- Spirit Heist

That night Violet awoke to a bang and she leaped out of bed, it was only quarter past twelve so she found it weird that there was bang. Getting out of bed she went into the living room to find Cleo well Trickster about to go out.

"Your coming with me." was all Trickster said before walking out of the house and leaping to a tree branch. Violet quickly put on some black clothes and a pair of running shoes and climbed up to Trickster.

"We're going to put your skills to the test, you are going to rob the rarest diamond in Gotham and of course it is surrounded with top security."

Trickster explained making her way to the museum while Violet slowly wales next to her. "I will stay here while you retrieve the gem, good luck." was all Trickster said before blending herself in with the shadows near the museum.

Violet slowly made her way to the museum, turning herself invisible she simply slipped through the guards there. It wasn't that hard to get to the diamond but she was guessing there were invisible laser triggers there to set off the alarm, she scanned the museum for anything that she could use and she found a bag of dirt in the corner of the room.

"This will have to do." she said to herself before taking some dirt into her hand and blowing it over the lasers, she sighed in the relief that the alarm didn't go off and made her way over to the pedestal that held the diamond. Placing a hand on the  diamond she watched as it turned from a clear blue to a blackness Violet had never seen before, an image was trying to make its way through, a blood moon?

There was the sound of the guard whistling and she picked up the diamond without any hesitation, but she jumped when the lasers went off and a metal cage came down on her.

"Well, fuck!" she swore worried and irritated but then something happened, shadows started to pour out of the diamond and into Violet seemed to absorb them, her eyes turned black for a second before going back to normal.

"Well what do we have 'ere?" one of the guards spoke up going closer to the cage and he chuckled. "Ya know little lady if ya put the diamon' back an' do something for me ya get out of this like nothin' ever happened" he smirked and winked and Violet gave a disgusted look but didn't say anything. The guard opened the door in the cage and locked it again once he was in.

"I haven't pounded a pussy in a while, up for it?" He gave a sickening laugh and advanced onto Violet unzipping his trousers, something snapped inside of Violets head and suddenly she had changed into a wolf, she had no idea what she was doing, it was like something was controlling her. Violets wolf was no longer its original colour now she had spots of black everywhere and deep black eyes. She barred her teeth and growled while advancing on the man.

"Hey hey calm down I was 'avin a joke." Violet leaped forward and attacked the man, teeth digging into flesh, screams, blood, growls and in a flash of lightning the man was dead.

Violet ran, diamond locked in her jaws and she ran like the wind attempting to get out of the museum, she didn't stop, there was no need the guards backed away in fear not even attempting to get the diamond. Once outside the museum whatever that had snapped inside Violet was gone she was now back to herself and she turned back into her non wolf form.

"Well done." she jumped at the voice beside of her and sighed in relief when she saw it was just Trickster but she had an uneasy feeling when Trickster was looking at her, what was it that lay in her eyes? Was it confusion? The big bad Trickster was confused? Well that's something you don't see everyday.

Trickster was scanning Violet, there was something different about her she had a presence around her that wasn't there before, was it evil? Murder? A lust for violence? There was something in the diamond that possessed her that give her a second personality. Trickster decided not to mention it and just continued their journey back to the house.

Violet slowly followed behind her, diamond in hand and thoughts clouded about Aubrey and about what had taken place between them and only then did she realise it was pouring down with rain and she whimpered and scurried along when there was a flash of lightning and thunder going off.
____________________________

The figure stood afar watching the scene as it took place and he chuckled.

"Time to set my plan into action." he whispered to himself "if only they knew the things that diamond could do, if only they knew what it did to me, if only my love could realise.." his voice went quieter for a moment almost the tone of a girls one but was suddenly snapped out of it as this figure started to follow the duo home.

He watched as Violet gave the crystal to Cleo and was almost confused when nothing happened and then waited until it seemed safe to enter the house.

Cleo sat, staring at the diamond. She placed her hands to the clear blue surface and shut her eyes. It had possessed Violet, but why not her? The blood moon, it had a connection with Violet and not her that's why.

"Ironic, it all makes sense now." Cleo whipped her nose as she felt blood trickle down to her lip.

The figure stood, making his way into the house. Entering Cleo's room the figure smiled softly seeing her turned around on her bed, her back to him.

"I understand now," was all Cleo said her voice low and the figure let her continue "Isabelle's body," she laughed bitterly before finishing her sentence "isn't missing. Never was." and then Cleo turned around tears in her eyes and looked Mr cryptic dead in the eye.

She'd never seen him before, he was a normal person, blue eyes and blonde hair which was wet from all the rain and for a second his blue eyes softened and they reminded her so much of the eyes she used to fall in love with again and again every day but then they went cold and was replaced with evil.

"Do what you want to me but if you lay a finger on Violet I will kill you and that's a promise."Cleo said with hatred in her voice and Mr Cryptic gave an evil smile before nodding he threw a bag over Cleo's head and handcuffed her.

But something happened that calmed her down just a bit, something unexpected.

Mr Cryptic kissed her neck so softly she wouldn't have felt it wasn't for his warm breath lingering on her skin and he stayed like that for a second too long for them both to remember the dreams they once shared for their future together, and then his lips moved to her ear and he whispered ever so softly, his voice full of sorrow.

"I'm sorry."

And Cleo smiled sadly,

Her heart breaking just a little.