Bucky?

{edited}

Everyone was relaxing on the couches on the Avengers floor when the elevator beeped. Steve suddenly jumped up. "He's here!" he squealed happily, running over to the elevator. Peter looked over to Tony and raised his eyebrow.

Everyone else looked over to the elevator to see it opening, and out came a man with a metal arm. Peter's breath caught in his throat when he made eye contact with the man.

"Bucky!" Steve cheered, going in for a hug but was side-stepped by his friend. Bucky stared at Peter, utterly shocked.

"Oh, my god..." he whispered. "Peter?"

Peter's eyes brightened as he threw himself over the couch and into the elder man's arms. Bucky encased the fifteen year old in a warm hug, crouching down to the ground. Peter felt sobs rack his body as Bucky rubbed his back comfortingly.

"How do you know my kid!" Tony accused suspiciously, breaking the two from their long embrace. Peter wiped his tears away with his forearm and held on to Bucky's metal arm. Bucky looked down at the fifteen year old with a grimace.

"I, uh... I don't know if he wants me to tell you..."

Flashback

Thirteen year old Peter was strapped to a restraint chair, the heavy metal bounding his wrists to the lab table. Blood pooled around his legs and dripped down the side of his forehead. Bucky dabbed at the red liquid with a soft handkerchief.

"Peter, buddy, I swear to God I'll get you out of this place..." the elder man whispered with a sad look. Peter shook his head.

"If I get out, they'll experiment on you, too. I don't want that, Bucky..." Bucky wiped a stray tear from Peter's cheek.

"It won't be anything worse than what they already put me through..." Bucky responded with a broken chuckle. "And besides, you have the rest of your life to thrive, kid... I don't want that ripped away from you."

Peter sniffed as more tears fell down his extremely pale face. "And leave you? N-Never. I don't want you to leave me like everyone e-else did..." Peter's voice fell to a whisper.

Bucky huffed and looked around, noticing an air duct in the ceiling. He looked down to Peter and sighed. "Alright, kid. I'm going to let you go, but an alarm is going to sound. I'm going to hoist you up through that air duct, alright?"

Peter nodded and Bucky quickly jumped up, pushing the air duct panel out of the way. He readied his hands and ripped the metal restraints off, a psychotic alarm beginning to blare. He picked Peter up and lifted him onto his shoulders, letting the kid crawl inside.

Bucky hoisted himself up into the air vent and replaced the panel before quickly shooing Peter off in a random direction. The two could hear the door slamming open and angered screams and banging below them.

After nearly an hour of crawling through the vents, Bucky harshly kicked the side, creating a huge hole to the outside of the torture compound. He looked to Peter. "I'm going to jump out first, then you'll follow. I'll catch you."

Peter nodded before Bucky jumped out, tucking and rolling on the cement. He stood up and motioned for Peter to jump, catching the very light boy with ease. Instead of putting the thirteen year old down, he sprinted off towards the gates. he skidded to a halt and put Peter down.

"Get on my back." The super soldier ordered. Peter did as such and soon Bucky was climbing the fence and was running like he never had before.