Flashbacks and Promises

{edited}

"N-No!" Peter said again, but this time it was louder. Everyone turned to him to see the boy cowering in fear, taking big steps away from the T.V.

"Peter, what's wrong?" Steve asked calmly, staying where he stood. Peter shook his head rapidly, and something clicked in Tony's mind.

"You fought him before...." he said slowly, everyone soaking in the information. Yes, Tony recalled how Spider-man had saved his stuff, but he never knew how we was crushed by a building.

"H-He..." Peter spluttered, his hands gripping his shoulders. The teen's breaths began to waver and his body felt light. His eyes unfocused on his surroundings as he was sent into a flashback.

"I wasn't aiming, for you..."

All around Peter, the building was crumbling down, the supports were gone. Suddenly he was shoved to the floor as concrete blocks fell down on top of him, the ceiling following suit.

Peter screamed and cried out, willing someone to find him. He couldn't call for help, his throat was on fire when he tried. Peter sobbed as the weight of the cement crushed down on him. He could see through teary eyes that the Vulture was escaping, heading for the plane that held Stark Industries equipment.

Peter stumbled as he came back to reality- he was in the tower, not under an an a hundred ton chunk of cement. He whipped his head around, looking for any signs of support damage.

What everyone didn't know while Peter was having a relapse, was that Wanda had seen it too. Silent tears escaped her eyes as she stared at Peter, his own face scared out of his wits.

By now, Peter had turned to stare at her, aware that she had seen the horrid memory too. He wiped away his own tears as they stood, eyes locked into the others. "P-Peter, come with me, for a moment please," Wanda shakily asked, motioning to the hall.

Peter nodded and followed her, the two leaving everyone behind. Wanda pulled the teen into her room and engulfed him in a gigantic hug, him gripping the sleeves of her orange sweater.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" she whispered, rubbing his back as the boy cried.

"I-I could-n't.... It hu-hurt so mu-uch, Wanda...." Peter choked out through sobs. Wanda wiped away her own tears with her hand and held him tighter, unable to bring the courage to let him go.

"I swear, Peter... I will never, let him hurt you again. I promise," she whispered. Peter nodded and the two stood there for a long time, leaving the Avengers in a state of concern, confusion, and heartbreak.