He's Back

{edited}

It was mid-afternoon, eight days later and Peter was buzzing with nervousness. His fathers had strictly told him to meet them in the conference room at precisely nine a.m on the dot. The young teen wiped his hands on his joggers before pushing open the door, shutting it behind him.

"Peter, sit down." Steve instructed. The young boy complied with a gulp, uncomfortably shifting in the office chair. Tony sighed and rubbed a hand across his face.

"Peter, we've kept this discussion off for long enough. Why didn't you tell us about your powers? Did you not trust us enough?" he asked. Peter looked down guiltily.

"I-I thought yo-you would p-put me in-n jail...." he spoke, crossing his feet together. Tears prodded at his chocolate eyes as he hung his head miserably.

"Peter..." Steve whispered, his heart shattering. "We would never, put you in jail. Why would you think that?"

Peter drew in a shaky breath and looked up, meeting his pops' strong gaze. "C-Cause I'm a-a mis-take a-and... and I-I'm a terri-terrible person..."

Tony reached across the table and gripped his son's hand. "Peter, you are the best person we've ever met," he said softly.

Peter let his tears fall, leaving wet tracks down his cheeks as they dropped from his chin. "I-I don't wanna st-op..." he whimpered.

Steve looked at his husband and sighed, cocking his head to the side. Tony nodded in a silent response before looking back to his adopted child.

"Peter, you don't have to. Just promise us, please Petey, that you'll be careful..." the billionaire pleaded. The teenager gave a small nod before getting up and walking to his dads, (with a slight limp from just only getting his brace off the day before) hugging them tightly.

"I p-promise," he whispered. Tony kissed his head and the three held each other right for at least five minutes before separating. Steve wiped away his son's tears as they stood.

"Let's go to the common room, yeah?" Tony suggested once they were all out of the conference area. Steve nodded and the trio made their way to where the Avengers had gathered, watching T.V.

"Stark, look at this," Natasha said once she saw them come out of the elevator. Tony rushed over to the T.V and was surprised to see the news reporting a villain called, "Vulture" and how he needed to be taken down. Steve had run over alongside his husband, but Peter was frozen in place, unable to fathom what he was seeing. The Vulture was back?

"That's the guy that tried hijacking my plane!" Tony said, clearly frustrated by the man's appearance. Peter sucked in a breath as memories flooded his mind.

His lip quivered as he let out a soft, inaudible,

"...no..."