Chapter 14

Jack's POV:

"Elsa?!?!"

I'm surprised she's here.

"What are you doing?" I asked. She didn't say anything. Then I realize it's raining outside and forget everything between us for the time being.

"What am I saying? It's raining outside. Get inside right now," I said. I move out of the way for her to walk in. I lead her to the living room where the fireplace is located. I get a fire going since she is probably cold.

"Please sit by the fireplace and warm up," I said. She hasn't said a word at all and I can't help but wonder why?

Usually she will say a comment and say "the cold never bothered her anyway" but that's not the case now, I guess...

She sits by the fire hugging herself.

"I'm going to go get blankets and towels. I'll be right back," I said. I walk to a nearby closet and get the supplies I need. I also grab my hoodie and some small sweatpants for her. Then I walk back into the living room.

"Here, put these on and then put your clothes in the dryer," I said handing her my hoodie and sweatpants. I also wrapped a towel around her. I sat down on my couch that seated at least two people.

She doesn't say anything but just does as she's told. Weird? She doesn't usually do that.

She comes back in the clothes I gave her but she still has her clothes she was wearing in her hands.

"I... didn't know where your laundry room is," she said softly. She wasn't looking at me directly. She just had her head down.

"Wait... are you crying?" I asked.

"N-no. Maybe. Where is your laundry room?" She asked trying to change the subject.

"It's down the hall then you take a right," I said.
She nodded and went in that direction.

She came back a few minutes later and sits next to me. She doesn't say anything. She is hugging her knees to her chest. She isn't looking at me either.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. She looks at me with tears in her eyes still. She nodded.

"So what happened?" I asked. She didn't say anything. It's silent for a few more minutes. It's making me a bit anxious because we are supposed to be giving each other some space and last I
heard/seen she was happy with Brandon.

"B-Brandon and I... broke up..." she said her voice cracking a little bit. I can't help myself but feel a little happy but I'm pissed that he hurt her.

"Els, I'm so sorry. Is there any-," I get cut off by her.

"And that's not at all," she said. I look at her and wait for her to continue.

"I-I'm pregnant... with his child," she said. This shocks me the most. She has told me before that she wanted to wait until she was actually married to someone first before doing the deed.

"When? How? What? I'm kicking his ass," I asked confused and mostly because I want to know the whole story so I can beat Brandon's ass. I might look slim but I do have muscles.

"Jack calm down. Brandon took me out drinking on my birthday and one thing led to another... I found out I was pregnant only a month into my pregnancy... I told Brandon the first month. Now that I'm thinking about it, he wasn't that excited about the baby." she said and stopped talking. I assumed that it's hard to talk about this.

She sighed then continued, "Brandon broke up with me today. He said he didn't feel the same way about me anymore. Even though the feelings were mutual it's everything else that he said."

"What else did he say?" I asked. She looked away from me again. I'm contemplating whether to hold her hand or not. I just take the chance. She looked at me when my hand touched hers.

"You know you can tell me anything Els. It doesn't matter any feelings right now. I am here for you because you are me best friend. I'm here for you," I said and smiled at her. She smiled too but it didn't reach her eyes.

"He said that he was cheating on me throughout our entire relationship. He told me to get an abortion. I said that I wasn't and he said he didn't care about the baby and that I should not expect any child support from him," she said, her voice getting quieter on each word.

Now I'm beyond pissed. Who the fuck would tell someone to get an abortion? He cheated on her as well. Why would someone do that? I can't believe someone would do that.

"I'm gonna kill him," I said getting up from the couch but I don't get anywhere because Elsa is still holding my hand, tightly.

"Jack please, don't. He's not worth it. I'll be fine," she said but ended up whispering towards the end.

I sighed and sat back down with her. It's silent until I ask her, "Did you ever think about getting an abortion? Not that I'm telling you to."

"No. I would never do that," she said.

"Have you told your parents yet? About your pregnancy? Or Anna?"

She shook her head. "No, if I do, they would be so disappointed in me. I'm disappointed in myself. I can't tell them," she said.

"Elsa, you should tell them," I said.

"No. Not now at least. Please don't force this right now. I just need to relax. I can't stress about this," she said.

I sighed. "Alright, obviously not right now because you aren't home and this type of news should be told face to face. And it's getting late. You can stay the night," I said.

She squeezed my hand, " Thank you," then she kissed my cheek. My cheeks turned red and she giggled.

"We should watch a movie," she said.

"What movie?" I asked.

"I don't know, it's your house," she said.

"But you're my guest," I said and laughed. She just pouted and I put my hands up in surrender. I went to go find a movie in my office room. I decided on Elf since she needs a good laugh and that movie is pretty hilarious.

I walked back to the living room to find Elsa in the same spot but with a blanket wrapped around her. I smiled then put the movie on.

"What are we watching?" She asked. I sat down next to her.

"Elf," I replied. Then she laughed.

"We are watching a Christmas movie? Christmas was three months ago," she laughed again. I smiled. She's laughing alright.

"Is that a complaint?" I asked. She shook her head no.

"Are you kidding? I love this movie. It always puts me in a good mood. Thank you," she says and rests her head on my shoulder.

I smile, "You're welcome."