Chapter 27

~One month later~

Elsa's POV:

It's been a month since she was born. On September 20th she joined our family. And let me just say, oh my gosh. I feel like I haven't gotten any sleep. I've been taking care of my little angel but I never knew how hard this was going to be. I love her to death though. I'm sure this is all going to be worth it. Jack has been helping me but I won't let him help a lot.

She's my responsibility and I feel like he has done enough for me. I haven't been able to do much for him. I feel bad. Everything he has done was for me and Lila. I haven't been able to do anything except take care of Lila.

Anyway, it's around noon and Jack is working. So, Lila and I are home alone. Oh and Milo. He's sleeping by my feet on the couch. Lila's asleep on my chest. I love the bonding with her. I am watching "Cupcake Wars" right now. I can't wait for the next "Halloween Wars" episode. The seasons almost over since Halloween is in 11 days.

I'm not sure what to be for Halloween. I don't know if Jack wants to dress up with me or if I should just dress up with Lila. I'm not sure. I'll ask him when he gets home I guess.

~Hours later~

I put Lila in her bed after I played, fed, and changed her. I started on dinner. I'm making Lasagna. I had all of the ingredients out and I was putting it all together. Jack should be home so- my thoughts were cut off due to a door opening and a voice.

"Elsa, I'm home," Jack said. I smiled. My man is home.

"I'm in the kitchen babe," I said. Not long after I feel arms wrap around my waist.

"Hey Snowflake. What's cookin?" He asked.

"I'm making lasagna," I said. He kissed my cheek.

"Where's Lila?" He asked.

"She's laying in her bed sleeping hopefully. I'll go check on her if you just watch the food," I said as I put the lasagna in the oven.

"Babe, I could go check on her you know," he said.

"I know bu-" he cut me off.

"But nothing. Do you not want me near your kid? Do you not trust me near her?" He asked. He looked hurt.

"What? Of course I want you near my kid. I trust you with her," I was cut off again.

"Then why do you always do this?" He shouted angrily.

"It's just... she's my baby. I feel like you've done so much for us. I feel like I haven't done anything for you. You always do things for us. She's not even your child for crying out loud and you still do everything for us. I appreciate it, I do. I just feel bad because I haven't done anything for you," I shouted back tears going down my cheeks.

"I feel like I'm taking advantage of you and your help.  So there. There's my reasoning, I'm sorry," I said, my voice lower. Talk about trouble in paradise I thought as I was about to leave the room when his hand grabbed my wrist.

It happened all so fast. From when he grabbed my wrist to my face slamming against his chest. He was hugging me tightly. My arms slowly wrapped around him as well.

"I'm sorry I shouted at you. I was just frustrated to why you always say something that has to do with checking on her. I just want to help you. I know that babies are hard work. I'm just trying to help you.  And you're not taking advantage of me in anyway.  This is me wanting to help you.  If you want me to step down then tell me. Can we be more honest with each other when it comes to Lila? Please?" He asked. His voice would crack here and there.