‡ Nightmares and Good Night ‡

Acantha look around.

She is dressed in a light brown plain tunic dress with a black cloak covering her body. Houses in fire are all around her.

She realized this place, Sparta. When the Romans came crashing in the city. They burned everything.

Is this a dream? She thaught.

Suddenly, she heard the scream from the house behind her.

Acantha quickly turn and ran into the burning house.

On the floor sat a young girl with a boy, dead, lying in her arms.

"Santhae..." She immediately remember them. This girl usually helps her found the ingredients for potion.

"Acantha?" The girl slowly turn to her.

"What happened to you?"

"This?" Santhae look at the arrow piercing through her stomach.

"Why are you asking that? We all know this is the cause of your magic!!" She starts scream at her.

"What? No..." Acantha cried.

"Don't pretend like you don't know it! We already knew that you've been using the magic to curse all of us!! You're such an evil witch! Whereever you go, dead follows you!!"

She cuddle the little boy in her arms and cry.

"And look what you've done now! My brother is dead and it's on you!! Do you hear me? Aumilus is dead and it's because of you!!!!"

"No, listen to me please. I'm not the cause of this..." Acantha pleaded.

"You're not?!!! Don't you realized your hometown? You were born there and your mother imediately died after gaving birth to you. You're father died. You were taken to Circe's island and after sending you off, she got sick and almost died of that illness. You came here and now this place is on fire. And you're saying that you're not involved?!!!!!" As she said, her face shifts into the people who is close to her.

Her mother, her father, her teacher-- Circe, the villagers that she lived with, Santhae and lastly, little Aumilus.

They're all blaming her.

"You are a cursed one!!!" Santhae yell with everyone's voice.

Acantha scream and fall into the black space at her feet.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

She woke up, tears streaming down her face like water.

She tried to focused her eyes on someone who tried to held her down.

It's Caius.

He gently pull her in his strong arms and slowly slide his pale hand through her hair.

"Shhhh. I'm here, okay? I'm here."

Acantha buried her face into his chest. He smells like a fresh cedar. It makes her pumping heart slows down into a normal mode.

"It's so terrible." She sobs.

Caius wrap his arms around her body. Knowing it or not, she is shaking, really hard.

"It's just a dream. You're okay now." The vampire kissed her forehead gently.

"Thank you, Caius." She said finally and pull herself out of his arms.

"By the way, how did you get here? In the middle of the night?"

"I...uh...I just got some feelings that you might be in bad situation. And, you should make sure that the windows are closed tightly."

"Caius..." Acantha look around. Her windows are open wide, allowing her to see the glowing moon in the sky.

"How did you know? I mean...how did you get those feelings?"

Caius sighed. He drag a stool nearby and sit on it.

"Well, I guess I have to told you everything then." He started

"There's some kind of bond called singer. It means the ones that their blood have a special effect with a single vampire, well, it's like mate or the shapeshifter's imprint. You can't resist it. You'll be longing for him or her blood. It's like you're addicted to a heroine."

"Is it good?" She asked.

"Yes, I think so. I've never had a singer before."

"And what's it have to do with a witch like me?"

"Well, dear Acantha. You are my singer." Caius' crimson red eyes meets her grey eyes.

"And for my singer, I need to know everything about her." Acantha felt her cheeks warm up like it's going to explode.

"Since you're alright now, I'm afraid I have to go. Have a good night, my singer." He smile and kiss her forehead. When she blink and open her eyes again, he's gone.