‡ Granting a Wish ‡

Caius is helding Acantha in her sleep. They're at her room in the Sanctum now. And his cute singer fall asleep as fast as he take her here.

He thinks if he was a human, he would probably gone blushing when he decided to take off Acantha's dusted leather cloak and put on her new shirt. Fortunately, she's got a shirt inside, so all he have to do is take the coat out.

He gently brush off her long blonde hairs out of her face, the face he fell in love everytime he take a look at.

She moved closer to his chest, Caius automatically hold his breath even though it's not necessary for the one who can't breathe anymore like him.

My dear Zeus, why is she so sexy?

The Volturi King ran his long, pale, cold fingers through her silky hair. Listening closely to her heartbeat and lean in her warm body.

She once said that she will grant the Volturi everything they asked if the threat is over.

Now, Caius know exactly what will he ask in return of his allie.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Acantha is sitting on the bed not far from Caius, wiping her wet hair.

"Caius." She called out.

"Mio amore?"

"Can I ask you who is Charon?"

He sighed, turning to the other way and lean on his hand which is supporting on the bed.

"We knew each other when we were 8, we became really close and I trusted him like my own brother. When he know that I turned into a Vampire, he doesn't hesitate to go ask for my creator to turn him too. During that time, I thought that we were the greatest Vampire partners.
That's when he change. His eyes were once filled with kind, as time passes by they grew more and more cruel. When I knew it again, my beloved friend has turned into a real monster I've never knew he can turned into. He killed and fed only for his own satisfaction.
Charon became obsessed with my younger cousin, Athenodora. He believed that she was destined to be his mate. But she refused him. So, with anger, he raped my sister, abandoned her in the corner of a forgotten house in Argos. It tooks almost halves a day to find her as my vampire abilities are not as functional as it is right now.
I look at her, she's lying unconscious on the floor and her pulse is very low. I have no choice but to turn her into a vampire to save her.
After that, I injured Charon and abandoned him out of my life. Telling him that he better not appears in our lives again. His vengeful red eyes are the last thing to considered the old Charon's completely gone." Caius press his lips together.

"Hey..." Acantha touches his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't ask you to tell that to me."

"That's alright, mio amore. It's good that he's finally gone." He smile a little bit.

"We should go. Maybe your brother is waiting for us in the hall." She told him as she gently hug him.

"You're right, let's go."

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Aro is sitting on a velvet magenta couch in the meeting hall. Marcus is reading a book beside him with his guards, standing at their back.

"Greetings, brother." He said when Caius approach in the room.

"Well, good morning my dear Acantha. Have a good sleep, aren't you?" He turned to the white witch who's walking after his brother.

"Thank you for asking, Aro."

"Caius, we've been waiting for you. Since our mission here is complete, are we ready to travel back to Volterra?" Aro asked.

"Well, my dear brother. I have something to ask my singer here first." The ruthless King turn to Acantha.

"Take your time." Aro replied and walk away with the other Volturi, leaving the two on their own.

"You once said that you would grant us anything we asked." Caius begin.

"Oh, right. What's your wish?"

"My wish, mio amore. Is..." He took a deep inhale (again, unnecessary for the vampires) and finish the sentence.

"Will you...marry me?" He took out a silver ring from his cloak, a white moonstone was placed perfectly on it. The king kneel down onto the floor, raising the ring to her.

Acantha stood in shock. Did he just...ask her to marry him?

She smile in joy and nodded as she put her finger in a ring's hole.

"You know it's always gonna be 'yes'."

Caius' smile spread all across his face. He hug her and kiss her all over her face.

"Thank you, mio amore. Thank you so much." He whispers with happiness.

Not so far away, Aro and Marcus are watching with a small smile on their faces.

"Ah...at last our little stubborn brother can get a little happiness on his own." Aro sighed.

"I'm happy for them." Marcus said in the most happy tone he can do.

"Jane, please remind me to prepare the invitations and a wedding when we arrived in Volterra." The black haired king told the only female in the group.

Jane nodded with a smile. How couldn't she forgot the first feast in almost three hundred years?