Chapter 2: He's A Hero

(Violet's POV)

            After I eat my chocolate chip pancakes and apple juice, I head to the living room

After I eat my chocolate chip pancakes and apple juice, I head to the living room. I watch girly movies, hoping to soothe my loneliness. I watch Ice Princess first, then the Princess Diaries.I know it's kind of girly and dumb, but it's too cool outside and I miss Steve. I miss all of them, including Tony. The New York wind hits against the glass windows of Stark Tower, making it cooler inside. I grab a blanket that is supposed to be hidden under Tony's favorite chair. I wrap it around me for warmth. For me, the setting is so cozy that I fall asleep.

             "Good Afternoon, Miss Potts." Jarvis's voice wakes me up, "Whats on the agenda today?"
             "Just trying to get things ready for when the crew comes back from their tiring mission." Pepper chuckles, "I can see I'm not the only one in waiting."
              I lift my head, seeing Pepper walking my way with a smile on her face. She is wearing a white dress and beige heels, red lipstick to match. Beautiful. I stretch, yawning in Dad's chair. My attention goes towards the windows, the sun has moved closer to the west, I must have been asleep for hours.
               "Violet, how long did you sleep?" Pepper brushes a loose strand of hair from my forehead. "There's drool on your chin."
               I look up at the ceiling. "Jarvis, how long did I sleep?"
             "Five hours and 27 minutes, Miss Stark. I shut your movie off when you didn't move for twenty minutes." Jarvis says, "I am sending the video to Mr. Stark now."
             I jolt up, confused. "You recorded me? Why?"
             "After what happened in New York, he told me he wanted to keep both you and Pepper safe. He wants an update on you while you are in Stark Tower or in his mansion." Jarvis explains, "Mr. Stark's orders."
            "You and Tony, I swear. You depend on Jarvis too much." Pepper sits down in the red hand seat Tony has. "Can't help but wonder what you'll do when you can't reach Jarvis."
            "That would be impossible, Miss Potts." Jarvis says, "I will always be here for Mr. Stark and the Avengers."
            "Where are the Avengers located right now?" I say curious if Jarvis would actually tell me, he has before when he wasn't supposed to.
            "In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, on their way home." I suddenly get very excited, jumpy.
           I jump up, wobbly on my feet. Grabbing Dad's chair for support, I look at the kitchen. I'm starving.
           "Hey Jarvis, can you order some Chinese take out? Violet's Special?" I look to Pepper, "Make it a double, actually. Put it on Mr. Stark's tab."
           "Alright, Miss Stark. Will that be all?" Jarvis says happily.
           "Get a jug of Pepsi and Dr. Pepper too." I say nod my head at Pepper, "We're gonna eat like kings tonight."

"I thought you said we were going to eat like kings tonight, Vi?" Pepper says as she takes a bite of her cream cheese stuffed mushrooms, trying not to gag.
"I am eating like a king. This is my favorite food in the world!" I exclaim happily, stuffing my mouth with noddles. "Besides pepperoni pizza, of course."
"Like father like daughter," She says with a smile
"Pepper, how do you handle Tony being how all the time? I can barely stand one day." I say simply.
            "Well, it's not easy. But you have to realize that your father wants to make the world a better place." She explains, playing with her noodles. "Its a sacrifice and a blessing."
           "Yeah, same with Steve huh?" I sigh, "He's the reason SHIELD even exist. Peggy Carter founded SHIELD because of Steve."
           I always feel guilty for being so jealous of that woman. Peggy Carter has done so many amazing things in her life time, things I'll never do. When Steve talks about her, it hurts knowing there's somebody else in his heart besides me. That there will always be room for her. Steve took me to see her one time, which I will never forgive him for. She was so sweet and funny, polite as ever. But she has alzheimer's and she's aged past him. But the part that still hurts me deeply is when Steve partly introduced me. He made sure to leave out that I was his girlfriend, and instead he said that I was Howard Stark's granddaughter. It's made my jealousy even worse. Sometimes I wish Steve would dump me for someone older, mature. Maybe then he would be happy. And I would be miserable.
           "Do you ever get jealous that Tony was with all those other women before you?" I say curiously, "Like my mom?"
           "Sometimes, but it's best not to focus on the past. It keeps me from looking at what Tony and I have now." Pepper smiles at me.
           I smile at her, wishing I had her positivity. Steve's a good man with a heart of gold. He's a hero. But I'm not sure I'm worth saving.