Chapter 13: I'll Find A Way

(Reader's POV)

                 Tony lands on the empty Steven's Street

Tony lands on the empty Steven's Street. The rest of the Avengers land the helicrafter nearby. Tony follows the tracer where Violet's cellphone is. He walks and walks until he reaches a pile of rubble. Parts of a building on top of her. Tony's heart races at the thought of Violet being right there, so close yet underneath all the destruction. He lasers through the rubble, slicing pieces away. Suddenly, the Hulk comes in and grabs the building parts, throw it aside. Tony steps aside, not wanting to be thrown or have something thrown at him.
After the Hulk clears everything out, Tony rushes over and searches through the piles of rocks. The team walks over and helps, searching for their friend. But they find no one. Tony leans back on a red brick wall.
"The tracer said Violet's phone is here! She has to be here!" Tony's mask flips up, "Where the hell is my little girl?!"
Steve walks over the rocks, searching down the alleyway with Clint. Violet could have possibly made it out that way. Maybe she is trapped. Thor slams his hammer onto the ground, clearing the rocks. Something catches Natasha's eye. She rushes over and grabs the smashed thing on the ground.
"Fellas?" She says in a off tone, "I think I found something."

The shattered phone sits on the metal table in the helicraftor. Clint and Natasha had put the helicrafter on autopilot. Steve and Clint had searched the entire alleyway. If Violet was able to escape at any chance, she had to of made it out of that alleyway. They checked in all of the buildings nearby, the alleyways, Stark Tower. Violet was no where to be found. They were losing hope and it dragged them all down. Before they left for Washington, Tony swore he heard someone calling his name. But he shrugged it off as paranoia. Violet is no where in the city. They go back to SHIELD, trying to figure a way to find the missing people.
"I hate to break all of you up, but you all know I wouldn't if I didn't have any other choice." Nick Fury says, "You all covered New York, right?"
"We searched everywhere." Natasha says, "No soul was living."
"Romanoff, Rogers, go down to Florida." Fury turns to the rest of the team, "Stark, Banner, Barton, go to California and help. Thor, go to the 9 realms and check and see if your people from your galaxy may have caused this."
They all nod and head out.

             Natasha and Steve sit on a helicraftor owned by SHIELD. It's on its way to Florida like Nick Fury had instructed. Steve hasn't slept a wink since Violet went missing. She's been gone for almost two days. Much like the rest of the United States.
              "Steve, maybe Fury's right. Maybe Violet is dea—"
              "Romanoff, I'm going to find her. I am. I'll find a way back to Violet. I'll find a way." He says to her, "I've lost too many people in this lifetime and I just can't lose her too. I'm not strong enough for that."
               "Steve, Violet may be missing for days. Weeks. Months, even. We don't know." Natasha tries to reason with him. "Listen, I care about Violet too. She's the pain in my backside, like an annoying little sister. I want to find her. I want her to be okay. But there is no guarantee that she is. So we have to try and move on from here."
              "I'm not giving up." Steve shakes his head, "Not yet."
              "Then how are you going to find her, Rogers? How are we going to find any of these missing people?"
              Steve looks down at the floor. "I don't know."