Chapter 31: Steve Talking To Jr.

(Violet's POV)

                        Dr

Dr. Cho felt that it was best to monitor the baby for a couple days, especially after my fall. She said that something didn't sit right with her. I don't blame Dr. Cho's thoughts. She decided to take more blood test, to see why I had healed so damn fast. Steve called Nick Fury and asked him to investigate the hospital I was at 21 days ago.
I'm worried about Steve. Ever since Dr. Cho said hurt, Steve has kept a distance from me. Tony went down to his workshop, which could mean trouble. Happy went with him. Pepper sits with me, the first time in what feels like forever. I asked the chef if he could make me a smoothie, a banana mango smoothie.
                        Clint walks into the living room, a worried look on his face.
                       "How are you feeling, kid?" He sits down next to me.
                       "For someone who just found out they were 19 weeks pregnant—okay, I guess." I say sarcastically, wanting to cry.
                        "Yeah, Steve's still waiting for Fury to call back on that hospital." Clint nods, "He's really worried about you."
                         "We all are." Pepper adds, nodding her head.
                         "Well, Stark Jr., you need to go rest." Clint says, "I'll take you to your room."
                         I stand to my feet and walk to the elevator with Clint. Something doesn't feel right. I would have known before 19 weeks that I was pregnant. Something is so off, I can't even begin to explain how off it feels.
                       "What's wrong?" Clint says beside me.
                       "Clint, something doesn't feel right. I can't be 19 weeks pregnant, I would have known weeks ago! I started acting weird the day after I came home from that hospital. That's when everything went to shit." I say frustrated, "Clint, I'm scared."
                       Clint puts a hand on my shoulder, comforting me.
                      "Trust me, kid. You're going to be okay." He says in a brotherly manner, "You and the baby are going to be okay."
                       "I hope so."

                       My eyes are closed but I am still aware. I can feel the baby slightly moving inside me. My son. I hear something faint, a noise. But ignore it, I'm too tired to open my eyes. Suddenly, I feel something touch my stomach. My eyes instantly fly open, I palm whoever it is in the face. They have no business touching my baby.
                        "Violet!" I hear Steve's voice in the dark.
                         Suddenly, the lamp flips on. Steve is on his knees, hunched over holding his nose. It's bloody. Oh god, did I do that?
                         "Steve, your nose is bleeding!" I exclaim in shock.
                         "Really? No joke." Steve says sarcastically.
                         I grab a tissue and hand it to Steve. He takes it and puts it to his nose, glaring at me.
                        Steve says, "Feeling defensive, I can see. Like a true mother."
                        I smile at him. "We're going to have a boy, Steve."
                        "So I heard." Steve gives me a small smile.
                        Steve leaning over my belly, putting the bloody tissue down. He puts his lips to my belly, smiling wide.
                         "Hi there, son." Steve says to my belly, "Sorry I had to find out about you this late in your life. But I'm going to be here from now on. You can count on me."
                         I run my hand through Steve's short, blond hair as he talks to our son in his womb. It's so adorable. Steve kisses my belly, making me blush.
                         "Son, you have the most beautiful mother. She's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life. But be careful, she may do something crazy—" I lightly whack Steve in the back of his head with my hand, he smiles at my reaction. "I'm just kidding. She's sweet and kind, loving. There's nothing she wouldn't do for you."
                         "I love you, Steve." I say lightly, smiling.
                         Steve climbs into bed beside me, pulling me into his arms with one hand on my bulging stomach. He kisses me tenderly, holding me close to him. God, I would love to tear his clothes—calm down there, Via. Those kinds of thoughts is what got you into this mess in the first place. Steve kisses my forehead before kissing my bulge. We lay close together, falling asleep in each other's arms.