Chapter 12: I'm Alive

(Violet's POV)

                  I'm alive

I'm alive. That's my first thought when I awaken. My body feels light. That's the first thing that pops into my head. Then I feel a tingling soreness in my joints. My palms sting. I open my eyes, being blinded by a bright light. I shield my eyes from the sunlight, seeing the dried blood on the palms of my hands. Suddenly, everything comes back to me. I look around me to see a heart dropping sight. All around me is puddles and parts of buildings, glass shatters everywhere as smoke lifts up into the sky. I unsteadily stand to my feet, feeling slightly dizzy. Where's Chasity? Is she under parts of the building? I rush over to where there's the most rubble and ruin. I call out Chasity's name, hoping for an answer. I get none. Then a thought occurs to me. What if Chasity had left me? Would she do that? We did get separated when a building came crashing down. But she would have gotten help by now. Tony, at least. Tony.
My feet move as quickly as they can out of the alleyway. I search the streets for Stark Tower. I used to could have seen it from across the entire city, now it's like playing hide and seek. And I'm sick of the game. I look at the street signs, the ones that aren't broken, and find my way to Stark Tower. When I get there, the building is half ruined. No. Are the Avengers okay? Is Steve okay? Pepper? Thor? Bruce? Natasha or Clint? A tear streak down my face. Tony? They have to be okay. They have to be!
                    I reach in my leather jacket for my phone when I remember that I had dropped it during the explosion. The city looks completely deserted. Am I the only one in New York City? Fear and loneliness fills my chest, making me feel hallow. Where is everybody? Did everyone forget about me? Did Tony not get my message? Do they think I'm dead? The thought sends chills down my spine. No, they would be out searching for me. Maybe they are. But wouldn't they have found me by now? I sit down in the middle of the road, waiting for someone to find me.

               After what feels like forever, I finally get up and walk down the empty streets of New York. There has to be someone around here. Someone. I can't possibly be the won't one in New York City. I see Shawrma, one of dad's favorite places to eat, and decide to go check it out. The format of the building is destroyed but inside is perfectly fine. The buffet is still open, warm and untouched. God, I am so hungry! I didn't eat anything before I left. One a sip of banana mango smoothie. Yuck! I grab the plate that looks the most clean and make a plate for myself. I sit down on the floor and eat about three full plates full before I decide to go looking again. Then I decide that if I am going to go on a mission to find others, I gotta get a to go box. So I grab a white foam box and stuff it full of asian food. Feeling getty, I leave the ruined place skipping.
             I search all around New York for what feels like hours, enough to get my appetite rolling again. Stopping on a sidewalk, I eat my travel meal. It's cold but it'll have to do. As I finish up all the food, my pig self, I see something flying in the sky. It flies so fast, I can barely tell what it is. I arch a brow, strange. I leave the foam box on the ground, hating how much of a litter bug I am. I walk in the direction the flash of light went in when I see a familiar helicrafter flying by. I scream at the top of my lungs, waving my arms around.
             "Hey! I'm down here you guys!" I shout at the top of my lungs, jumping. "I'm here!"
              But they just fly by as if I were an ant on the ground. Too small to see. I follow in the direction they are going.