Chapter 37: My Blue

(Violet's POV)

                They sat me down and waited until I had calmed down

                They sat me down and waited until I had calmed down. I had started hyperventilating and nearly had a panic attack after what they told me. Blue Buchanan Rogers. What a name for a kid. My kid. Steve and my's child.
                "After we managed to get this little guy out and the sack, Dr. Cho had to set your back." Bruce explains, "Your cells automatically started healing back together."
I look to Blue, who sits on Clint's lap at the dining room table with Natasha and Pepper. That's where Blue has been this whole time. He grabs pieces of cereal and shoves it into his mouth, something I used to do when I was a little girl. That was my snack when I was little. Blue has Steve's freckles, eyes, and his nose. I can see that Blue inherited by brown hair and thin lips. Blue should not be a toddler with hair, he should still be a bald baby. It doesn't make any sense.
I take in a shaky breath. "How long have I been asleep?"
"4 days." Steve smirks, seeing my horrified expression "You didn't sleep for 70 years like I did, Darling."
"But how is he—" I look at Tony, whose been quiet this whole time. He doesn't meet my eyes, just stares at the floor.
"Do you remember why Blue grew so fast? Your ability?" Bruce says, "Regenerative Healing Factor?"
                 "I remember, Bruce. I remember carrying him and him growing inside me—but how did he manage to get like that in 3 days? Shouldn't he be smaller?" I say confused, my eyes locked on Blue.
                 Bruce starts to speak science to me, a language I didn't inherit from Tony. I look to Steve and Thor for a better explanation than a bunch of big words that I can't comprehend.
                 "Because part of your enhanced ability that now runs in your DNA, that now runs in Blue's veins, he's still growing at a rapid rate." Tony says annoyed, "He's growing a year a day."
                "And why the hell did you name him Blue? Steve, do you expecting me to call our next two children Red and White?" I glare at Steve, who gives me a look.
                Steve's lips smack. "You actually named him, so don't put the blame on me darling."
                I give Steve a look. I would never name my child after a color. It's ridiculous!
               "I'm sorry, have you lost your mind?" I say with fire in my eyes, "I would never name my child after a color. It's ridiculous!"
               "Violet, you do realize you're named after a color, right?"Clint says with a smirk.
                Tony turns to Clint with a sharp expression. "Barton, don't make it angery!"
                "It's true, Violet , you insisted that his name be Blue." Bruce chimes in, "After we got him out, I handed him to you and you said that you wanted to name him Blue right before you passed out."
               "I wasn't in my right mind, Bruce. I was half conscious and in pain." I cross my arms, turning to Steve. "And why Blue Buchanan?"
               "It was Bucky's middle name." Steve says defensively, "And I didn't know if you'd make it, Violet. You said that's what you wanted right before you passed out, I kept my promise."
              "This man's word is true, Violet." Thor nods.
               I look back at Blue. I try to think why I had insisted on naming him Blue. But the last moments before I passed out is dark. My lips twist into a smirk, I probably saw his blue eyes and wanted to name him such a ridiculous name. Oh well, it could be worse. I cross my arms, holding myself tight.
               "Can I at least hold my baby?" I say with a tear running down my cheek.
              Steve wipes my tear away with his thumb. He nods his head, smiling. He walks over to Clint and takes Blue in his arms. I walk over and stand right next to Steve.
             "Blue, do you want to hug your mother?" Steve says, Blue nods.
              Blue reaches out for me, I take him in my arms. He's a little heavy but nothing I can't handle. I bounce him up on my hip, holding him by his leg. He looks up at me with his blue eyes. Those damn blue eyes, like his dad. I smile down at him. He puts his Tony hand on my face. He stares deep into my eyes, as if he were trying to read my mind.
              "Brown" Everyone cheers at Blue's words.
              A warm feeling fills my stomach, making me feel warm and fuzzy. A smile dances on my lips, my baby boy grins widely at me.
              "Is that his first words?" I say to anyone.
             "No, he can talk." Tony walks around me, smiling down at Blue. "He has a small vocabulary, but the kid is one heck of a chatterbox."
               Blue giggles, holding onto my hoodie. The toddler lays his head on my shoulder, yawning. I slowly bounce him in my arms, he wraps his tiny arms around my neck as I pat his back. My precious baby boy. My Blue.