Chapter 33: Thor's Back

(Reader's POV)

                       The rain hits the New York City streets hard

                       The rain hits the New York City streets hard. The thunder clouds rumble, lightning flashes in the sky, causing a beautiful masterpiece. Thor lands against the concrete, causing in indication in the road. It's been 24 days since the God of Thunder left Earth for the 9 realms. He has barely rested in the time he has been gone. He helped his friends fight in a few battles, he talked to his father about his dead brother Loki. Asgard still mourns for the God of Mischief, yet they didn't seem too down as he had been. He walks a few blocks to Stark Tower, seeing how Tony had made a few adjustments to the building. It has more floors now. Thor wonders if Violet had went back to school and if she had gotten herself into any trouble while he had been gone. He smiles to himself, knowing she most likely has.
                      Thor steps into the lobby, seeing a security type man sitting at a desk. His name tag reads Happy. Thor sets Mjölnir down on the desk, stretching his tired hands out. Happy glances up from his newspaper at Thor.
                     "Portly man, is this building still accessible to the Avengers?" Thor says.
                     "Yeah, go on up Thor. I'll tell Tony you're back." Happy dials a number on his phone. "Your room is on the 4th floor."
                     "Where is Violet?" Thor says, curious.
                     "Violet should either be in the lab or in the living room." The God of Thunder thinks to himself for a moment.
                     Why would Violet be up in the lab? Violet once told Thor she wondered what she got from Tony since she didn't inherit his genius brain, then commented that it was probably her looks. Why would Violet be up in the lab?
                      Happy sees Thor's confused expression. "Either the 6th or 8th floor."
                      Thor grabs Mjölnir before he walks over to the elevators and presses the up button. The elevator opens, Thor steps in and pushes the 8th floor button. He notices how much bigger Tony had made the elevators.
                      When the elevator gets to the 8th floor, Thor feels the bouncing of the elevator. The doors open, revealing a whole new lab. It's bigger and it has a lot more space for experimentations. Thor looks around until he sees a familiar face sitting at a desk with his glasses pressed up close to his eyes. Bruce.
                     "Banner!" Thor says joyfully.
                      Bruce smiles, standing up. "Thor! Wow—Where have you been?"
                     "Fighting battles through the 9 realms. Nothing Mjölnir couldn't handle." Thor chuckles, looking around the lab. "Where are the others?"
                      "Oh—" Bruce's whole demeanor changes, his hands suddenly begin to fidget and he puts his glasses back on. Not looking into Thor's eyes. "Most of them are in the living room, some are, I think, in the gym."
                      "Oh, Violet working out her frustration again? She is an untamed one." Thor laughs, smiling wide at the thought of her beating him that one time.
                       "Th-Th—Thor?" Bruce says nervously, "Since you've been gone, a lot has happened."
                       Thor looks around the room, smiling. "That I can see."
                      "Yeah..." Bruce walks to his desk, closing out of his tab.
                       "I want to see Violet's face when she sees me." Thor says happily, walking towards the elevator. "You had said she may be in the gym room, yes?"
                       "Uhhh—" Bruce rushes over to Thor and stops him, giving him a look "I want to see her face too."
                       Bruce and Thor get on the elevator. Bruce pushes the 6th floor button, not meeting Thor's gaze. Thor notices this, finding it odd but doesn't say anything. When they arrive at the 6th floor, the elevator bounces. Thor looks to Bruce, looking at him questionably.
                       "Tony has to get that fixed." Bruce says quickly before hurrying out of the elevator.
Thor follows Bruce into a big room. He can see that there is a bar now, stairs that leads up into the lab as well. A living room with a huge tv built into the wall. Steve, Tony, and an unfamiliar asian woman sits around a person he cannot see. Tony is standing in the way. Bruce rushes over to them.
"Guys, we have company." Thor hears Bruce say.
Bruce motions towards Thor, whose very confused at this point. Steve, Tony and the unfamiliar woman all look in Thor's direction.
"Stark, Captain Rogers." Thor nods to them, then at the woman confused.
"Helen," She smiles at him.
Thor sees someone sitting in between Steve and Helen. Thor walks closer to get a better look, but Bruce steps in front of him. The Asgardian God gives the mad scientist a confused look, determined to find out who they are trying to hide.
"What are you hiding?" Thor says slightly annoyed.
"Thor?" The sound of Violet's voice makes Thor's heart rejoice.
Thor walks around Bruce. He walks closer to the couch where Steve and Helen are sitting at. But as Violet gets into clear sight, Thor stops in shock.