Chapter 23: Telling Natahsa Off

(Violet's POV)

                 As Steve and I take the elevator to the dinning hall, I can't help but lean against the elevator wall

                 As Steve and I take the elevator to the dinning hall, I can't help but lean against the elevator wall. My body aches from the pleasures we just encountered, leaving me off balance. Damn.
                I'm worried though. As we were making amazing love, I was able to flip us over so he was against the wall. I tell myself that it was just that Steve wasn't expecting me to do that. But I have a feeling that isn't the case. Because how in the hell can a scrawny girl like me flip a big man like Steve against the wall? In the shower when it's wet? Maybe I'm paranoid, but I have this feeling something isn't right. And I think Steve knows it too.
             "Darling, are you alright?" Steve says worriedly.
             "Yeah, I'm fine baby." I groan as my muscles tighten up, making me sore all over.
              Steve walks over and holds me upright, I put a hand on his chest.
             "Was I too rough?" He says concerned.
              I chuckle through the pain. "No, I'm fine. Just haven't had sex standing up before, that's all."
               Steve doesn't look convinced. "Alright, if that's all it is."
              "It is, trust me honey." I say to him with a wince like smile.
              "Maybe you should be laying down or something." Steve grabs my arm, looking at my arm. "Violet, where the hell did that bruise come from?"
              I look down to see a huge bruise on my forearm. Must have happened when the bed broke. Oh well.
               "Must have happened when the bed broke." I say, "Oh well."
               "No, not oh well Violet! You need to be more careful!" Steve says worriedly, "Sometimes I forget that you're breakable."
                I lean against him, my body aching. "I am not a china doll, Steve. I'm not made of porcelain."
                "But you are made of flesh and bone." Steve says, "And that's enough for you to get hurt again."
                "Steve, I'm stronger than you think."

              After we ate an amazing Italian meal, I told Tony about my bed. He called me a reckless mess but said he would have it fixed when he got back. Bruce explained to me that the Avengers have to leave early tomorrow morning to go clean up in Florida and California. I feel kind of betrayed by Steve, he didn't tell me anything about him leaving.  Pepper finally arrived from California. She walked in wearing a beautiful red dress with matching heels. She looks stunning, as always. When she sees me, her eyes light up.
              "Vi, I have your birthday gift in my bags. I'll give it to you once my bags are in Tony's room." My birthday?
               My birthday isn't until the 23–MY BIRTHDAY WAS YESTERDAY! Everyone looks between me and Pepper. I sit on my chair stunned. I missed my birthday! Damn it! After several minutes of silence, I wait for someone to break the awkward silence.
               "You had a birthday and didn't care to mention it to me?" Tony says offendedly at me.
               "Well, I was in the hospital and had a bullet wound." I shrug, "Which is already healed up, by the way."
               "How old are you, kid?" Bruce says
               "21," I smile "And I can drink now."
               I start to grab a bottle of wine but Steve grabs it before I do. I give him a look.
               "You just got out of the hospital, Violet. You don't need alcohol." Steve says
              "And besides, you haven't had your birthday spanking yet." Natasha says with a sour smile.
              "Romanoff, you know what—" I point my finger at her annoyed.
              "We'll celebrate your birthday after we get back, okay sweetheart?" Tony says, "We'll do what we you want."
               I think for a moment. "I'll think about it."
              "I'm sure you will." Tony helps Pepper into her seat, the chef bring her a plate of our delicious meal.
              Tony grabs a wine glass and raises it, everyone does the same. I grab my water bottle and hold it up, feeling pathetic.
               "To my little Violet, who've I've known for a short time, but it feels like I've known her this whole time. I love you sweetheart." And then we all take a drink.
               Suddenly, I feel something wet in my underwear. Odd. Had I peed myself a little? I look down to see a few drops of blood, shock going through my body. I lean into Steve, whose lightly laughing at what Natasha said.
               "Steve, can I borrow your jacket?" I say embarrassed, "Please, it's an emergency."
               "Are you cold? I told you not to wear that dress. It reveals too much."
               If I wasn't bleeding, I would have rolled my eyes and made a comment about him being overprotective. But I am starting to bleed through this dress. Damn it, I knew I should have wore black instead!
               "No, Steve, please." I beg.
               "If my darling insist." He takes his jacket off and puts it over my shoulders, kissing my cheek.
                After zipping the jacket all around me, covering up my dress completely, I quickly stand up. And by doing that, I catch the attention of everyone. Damn you, Violet!
               "I-I need to be excused." I stutter out half confidently, "I am very tired and I need some rest."
               Natasha gives me a look, one lets me know she doesn't buy what I am selling. Pepper does the same, but all the guys just shrug it all off. Thank god, I'm already humiliated.
               "Go ahead, sweetheart." Tony smiles at me, the way dad's look at their little girls. Something I had missed out on when I was a little kid.
               Steve starts to reach out for his jacket but I quickly walk over to the elevator before he can get the chance. Sorry Steve, but I'd be ten times more humiliated if I give it back. As I step inside the elevator, heels click against the floor. I'm wearing flats. I look over to see Natasha. She clicks the 4th floor button and stands close by as the elevator doors close. The last thing I see is Steve's eyes on me.
              The elevator is super quiet. Too quiet. Dangerously quiet, if I might be clear.
              "Well, Tony made some good adjustments to—" I begin.
              "What was that little stunt about?" She interrupts me, her eyes like daggers.
             "W-What?" I can feel the blood running down my leg.
             "Don't play dumb with me, Violet." Natasha says annoyed, "Why did you rush out like that?"
              "Natasha, I'm bleeding." My words are loud and clear, taking her back.
              I unzip the jacket and show her my ruined blue dress.
              "Oh, so that's why you left like that." Natasha nods her head, clearing her throat.
              "Natasha, I know you're one tough bitch, cause you are, but sometimes you just have a tremendous chip on your shoulder!" I exclaim, my hormones getting the best of me. "You always make me feel like I'm naïve and helpless. But I'm not, and I wish everyone would stop acting as if I'm a porcelain doll! Cause I'm a tough bitch too."
               The elevator doors open. I stomp out, angry and hormonal. Tears fall down my face as I rush to my room. Once I am inside my dorm room, I small the door and lock it. I clap my hands and the lights come on. I walk to my bathroom, searching for some tampons. After searching for them, I decide that using toilet paper for a pad will just have to do. I feel disgusted and gross as I lather a wash cloth with soap and clean myself up. I throw some sweatpants on and put my hair up in a ponytail. I sit on my couch in my new bedroom, crying. God, why do period have to be so damn horrible? I can't control my emotions all of a sudden.
               Suddenly, there is a knock at the door. I sniff and wipe my eyes, walking to the door. Probably Steve, wondering why I had left early. Or maybe Pepper. She may have brought me my present. With one last sniff and eye wipe, I open the door. To my surprise, Natasha stands there. She holds a small bag in her hand. When she sees my expression, she freezes.
"Whoa—" She says in shock, "Did I black out and bitch slap you? Or is it the hormones?"
If I wasn't breaking down into tears, I would have smirked at her petty comment. My emotions take over and I begin sobbing. Natasha's face has a horrified expression on it. I wrap my arms around her, desperately wanting human contact. Even if Natasha is my last option. God, this is so embarrassing!
"Violet, what's wrong?" Natasha says uncomfortably, "Do you need me to get Steve or Tony? Cause I can get them down here in a heartbeat."
"Natasha, just shut up and let me have this sensual none lesbian moment." I say annoyed, tears rolling down my face. "Please."
"Alright, but if any of the guys come down here and sees us, I'm punching you in the face." Natasha says with red cheeks.
              "You know, sometimes I forget that you're a girl Natasha." I say annoyed, letting the tears roll down my face.
Natasha's hand pats my back slowly, slightly rubbing it.
"I brought something for you." Natasha changes the subject, pushing us apart.
I look down, wiping my eyes, to see a box of pads and tampons. Wow. This is the closest thing we've come to being friends.