30~Omen

∞ Nyx's POV ∞

The incarnation of grumpiness met me with its eternal scowl.

"You take too many days off boy."

"Apologies for being late. There's no excuse-"

"Oh I'd be happy to give you an excuse. I can provide your highness with a nice beating that'll give you a long and peaceful rest for eternity!", Baril said while pointing his big knife to my face.

The knife wasn't even clean.

I tilted my head back to keep as far from it as possible and smiled awkwardly, "No need, I'm here now. I'll assist with lunch. You look like you need tomatoes? I-I'll get you tomatoes" I declared and immediately hurried to the storage room.

I was being reprimanded and it was all Agenor's fault. I told him I'd be in trouble, but he did as he pleased. The brute ignored me and went all the way. God, I could feel my knees weaken just from remembering it.

His smirk, his cocky smile, his sexy body, the look he gave me when he was wanted something, or when satisfied, the way he teased me, the taste of his lips over mine...

"Where are the bloody tomatoes! Are you fucking growing them now?" I apologized, again, and tried to focus on my tasks the best I could. Which was barely enough, because Baril was a fountain of ideas when it came to giving me things to do.

I was cutting some vegetables when I heard a scoff.

"Morning Captain!"

I raised my eyes and saw Agenor leaning on the side of the door. His eyebrow arched and his lips tugged to the side showing the most playful smirk. My most natural reaction was to smile at him. His presence had an odd effect at making me feel better, and as much as I hated to admit it, safer.

Baril cleared his throat and I barely kept myself from rolling my eyes as I went back to chopping the miserable vegetables.

"You're early captain, I guess the heat of the day got to your cabin"

"Aye, it was quite heated alright" I felt his words and gaze directed at me. I didn't want Baril to take notice of my blushing cheeks, so I didn't dare look up.

We prepared lunch while Agenor took a chair beside the door of the galley and kept chatting with Baril about all and nothing.

Hearing his voice talking, making jokes and laughing at Baril's stories of the past, it was a real bliss. He sounded calm, sleepy even; No wonder, he usually woke up after everyone else. Now that I thought about it, he was the laziest pirate on this ship. That thought made me smile, our eyes met and he smiled back at me. Like I said, a bliss...