34~Piling threats

∞ Nyx's POV ∞

My gaze flickered towards the new intruder, and I turned to see who the fates were siding with today.

"What the... hell?" the pirate exclaimed, trying to make sense of the situation.

The newcomer was thin and dressed in shabby attire. I had seen him around before but never interacted with him. There was something about him that didn't inspire trust. His eyes widened as he took in my soaked hair and noticed my defensive stance. Then he shifted his gaze to the person I had been fighting with. I could almost decipher his expression—realizing that I had somehow managed to stab his friend and inflict visible damage to his face.

"Ken, What the fuck, mate!" The shock on the newcomer's face was evident, and I seized the opportunity to step back.

"Chow, help me get this puppy back to the cage, will ya?" Despite his excruciating pain, the bastard was determined to keep going. After all, pirates were accustomed to fighting and enduring injuries. I found myself trapped in an incredibly messed-up situation!

"You're injured, mate!" The newcomer turned to glare at me. "You! Why the hell!?"

I attempted to sway him to my side, even if just slightly, by feigning confidence. "Your friend attacked me first. You should get him treated before he loses that leg."

"You fucking bitch," Chow muttered, clearly positioning himself as my second opponent. I couldn't help but think, Fuck, who's next?!

I took a deep breath, mustering my strength and clearing my mind. I shook my head, desperately trying to push away the memory of Ken's repulsive presence pressed against my back.

"Fuck, Ken was right! You're nothing but a disrespectful bastard who thinks you're superior because you're rich! Well news for ye m'lady, y're worth shit on this ship!" Chow's words stung, the name calling forever infuriating, and I wondered, What's wrong with these people? I never looked down on any of them! And what's the problem with being rich?!

I could see Ken's mischievous smile, tainted by the blood dripping from his nose. "Aye, my friend, he refuses to act like the slave that he is. And he thinks he's more than a pirate's fuck toy."

Chow was being poisoned by Ken's words, easily swayed and devoid of doubt. An easily manipulated, foolish pirate... Great, just what the situation needed.

"Well, then he needs a lesson. I'll rip that mouth of yours and feed it to the fishes," he threatened, taking a step forward. "Right after we play a little... I've never tasted the flesh of a high-born before."

The pirate advanced slowly, attempting to corner me. While they weren't the strongest on Martina, they were certainly not the weakest, especially Ken. Their harsh lives at sea and extensive raiding experience meant that engaging them in direct combat would only expedite my defeat. It was no longer just a matter of preserving my dignity; losing meant facing the horrors of rape and death. I had to rely on my wit to escape this predicament.

My focus remained fixed on both of them, but Ken remained motionless, relishing in the unfolding outcome of his deception.

Suddenly, Chow charged at me, his hands like claws as he aimed to grab hold of me. With Ken standing on the other side, I had limited space to evade him. Instead of trying to block his attack, I reached out and seized his right forearm, harnessing his own momentum to pull him faster than he anticipated. I pushed his body forcefully against the barrel that had once been behind me.

He staggered out of the barrel, clutching his nose. "Fuck, fuck, FUCK! M'nose!" He glared at Ken with anger, shock, and a hint of whining. "The boy broke me nose!"

Ken cursed and yelled at him, "I can't believe he's stronger than you. For fuck's sake! Get it together, Chow!"

The bastard was still trying to instigate someone else to fight his battles, compelling the fool to seek revenge on his behalf.

Enraged, the fool let out a roar, staring at his bloodied hand. As if the situation couldn't worsen, another pirate appeared at the door, mirroring the first fool's expression of shock as he attempted to make sense of the chaotic scene before him. He seemed genuinely surprised to witness me fighting, then started to assess his comrades, and I feared the worst.

One thing was certain—I didn't want to find out if the newcomer was a friend or a foe.

Chow continued to hold his nose with one hand while wiping away the blood with the other. I was certain he would launch another attack within seconds. Taking the initiative, I sprinted in his direction, almost leaping towards him. I grabbed his grimy shirt by the collar and shoulder, then pushing him onto Ken. Although I lacked the strength to overpower him without a weapon, the element of surprise, combined with his idiocy, was enough to send him crashing into Ken.

The bastard stumbled backward, fighting against his injured leg to remain upright. He shoved the idiot Chow to the side. Seizing the opportunity, I made a beeline for the door. Just as Ken's hand reached out to hinder my escape, I snatched the cup floating in the water of the nearby barrel and hurled it at him with all my might.

I didn't stick around to see where the cup landed. I forcefully pushed the pirate who had nearly blocked the door and sprinted out, desperate to preserve my life.

"Hey! What the fuck!?" Lou, the pirate at the water room door, yelled behind me, and it dawned on me that he was the one I insulted when I was drunk. He treated me better since then, but he wasn't someone I could trust. At this rate, there was no one I could trust!

The commotion slightly grew quieter, and some of them began turning their attention away from the galley, realizing there was a more interesting spectacle unfolding. I ignored their questions and paid no heed to anyone. They were all mere black silhouettes, and my eyes could only focus on the gleaming exit. However, the crowd was so dense that reaching the stairs proved challenging. I pushed my way through, managing to bypass about three lines of packed pirates. I was getting closer to the stairs when I heard the two deranged pirates from the water room yelling and charging out behind me, threatening my life.

I pushed onward. If one body allowed me passage, other unknown hands reached above the crowd, attempting to seize me. They had no understanding of what was happening, but the instinct to catch someone running fueled their animalistic behavior. Surprisingly, some hands still aided me in reaching the lower step of the stairs. I wanted to see their faces, but I couldn't afford to pause for even a fraction of a second.

I found myself trapped at the first step of the stairs, caught between pulling and pushing forces. My blood surged through my veins, and my heart pounded like drums.

Just as my hope was lost when I saw Ken was only a couple of pirates behind me, I spotted Ace kneeling with one knee on the deck, extending a hand toward me, offering freedom. I reached out for him but was immediately yanked back by my shirt. I thought I had missed my chance, but Ace stepped onto someone's shoulder, reaching even farther to grab me. As soon as his hand clasped mine, he pulled with such force that I felt as though I were flying, landing forcefully on the deck.

My feet met the hard surface of the deck, and I scrambled to run to the opposite side. All I could think of was jumping into the sea to escape them!

Noticing my intent, Agenor leaped from the forecastle and hurried over to grasp me, halting my desperate sprint. "Hey, hey, slow down."

I found myself nestled within the hold of his left arm, looking at him with desperation, but I was panting so heavily that I couldn't form coherent words. Soon, the hull burst open, first with the two main culprits and then the others joining in, swarming the scene like cockroaches. Within seconds, the deck was teeming with pirates, and even with Agenor beside me, it was a dire situation to be surrounded by any of the other pirates.

∞∞∞