Chapter Nine

AUTHOR'S NOTE [March 4, 2014]: 

BEFORE ANYONE POINTS THIS OUT AGAIN, I WILL JUST SAY IT HERE.

I mention a book from the Harry Potter series that was titled "The Philosopher's Stone". It's to my knowledge that there are indeed two different titles used for the same book. The Philosopher's Stone and The Sorcerer's Stone. PLEASE DO NOT try to correct me. I have even uploaded a photo of MY OWN PHYSICAL COPY of the book. That is all. 

Continue reading and hopefully you enjoy. I appreciate you all <3

---

Unfortunately for me, there was no such thing as normal in Mystic Falls.

I was chilling in my room, listening to some music by a group called The Wanted. I was completely in love with one of the guys because his voice was so low and sexy. I think his name was Nathan but I wasn’t sure since there were too many band guys that I fell in love with over the years.

I was in the middle of listening to “All Time Low” when I sensed that there was an intruder in our house. I turn down the music and step outside my room.

“Stefan? Damon?”

“Aly?” I hear Stefan’s voice, a little on edge. The there is a low growl and I hear Stefan let out a grunt. I follow the nose and I see a blonde vampire on top of Stefan.

“Lexi?” Stefan says.

“Hello Stefan.”

She helps him up and then they embrace each other.

“Oh I’ve missed you,” Stefan says, holding her tight.

“I’ve missed you, too!”

They both don’t seem to notice me standing there so I cough loudly. The blond vampire who I assume is Lexi looks over and me and gasps. Then her expression turns furious.

“Who is she?”

“That’s Aly,” replies Stefan. “She’s a new friend.”

Lexi turns to Stefan, rage evident in her eyes. “Friend?” she hisses. “She was part of the group that killed some friends of mine a couple centuries ago.”

I did? A couple of centuries ago? I can’t say I remember who she is talking about exactly. I’ve killed a lot of people throughout my lifetime.

“I’m sorry,” I try to say politely. “I don’t remember who you are…”

“London 1728.”

“London, hm.” I’m thinking. “Uh were you friends with Marcela and Robert?”

“Yes.” Lexi glares at me with a murderous look in her eyes.

“Good. Then you will remember and know not to cross me.”

“Where are your other friends?”

“They’re still around somewhere.”

“Great, that means I can kill them still. And you.” And then she lunges for me. Before I can rip out her heart, Stefan is there to restrain her.

“Hey, Lexi, stop!” He struggles to speak because restraining Lexi is such a hard task. “I don’t know what happened in the past but Aly is a good person, she hasn’t killed anyone here.”

Lexi stops trying to kill me but I’m still smirking. As if she could even come close to killing me.

“You’re right,” she says breathlessly. “That was many, many years ago and you’ve ditched your company, so I guess that counts for something at least.” She holds out her hand to me. “I’m Lexi, an old friend of Stefan’s.”