Chapter Eleven

I show up at the Lockwood mansion and was just about to knock on the door when something hard slams into me and knocks me into the bushes. I sit up and glare at my attacker. Sebastian stands in front of me, clutching his stomach and laughs silently. There is suddenly noise coming from behind the door and Sebastian dives into the bush with me, pinning me down. The door opens and we both see Mayor Lockwood peering out into the darkness.

“There’s no one there!” I hear the Mayor yell into the house.

“I could have sworn I heard something.” That was Mrs. Lockwood’s voice.

“Well no one is here!”

“Honey, stop yelling and just come back inside then.”

I see Mayor Lockwood shoot one more wary look into the darkness before he slams shut the front door. Then I shove Sebastian off of me.

“What the hell?” I hiss.

Sebastian just smirks. “You should have seen your face.”

“Why are you here Sebastian?”

“I missed my best friend!”

I punch him, hard, and he winces, rubbing the sore spot.

“I’ll ask you one more time. Why. Are. You. Here.”

He scowls at me before speaking. “I need your help,” he mutters.

I do a double take. “Wait, what?”

He glares at me. “Don’t make me repeat myself.”

“I’m sorry, I’m not quite sure I heard you the first time.”

He sighs before repeating, “I need your help.”

I narrow my eyes at him. “Are you being serious?”

“One hundred percent serious.”

“Why should I help you?”

“Do you want me to die?”

“WHAT?!”

“I’m being hunted by a vampire hunter and I believe he may have tracked me here.”

“You brought a vampire hunter to Mystic Falls?! Are you stupid? Why the hell would you do that?!”

“I needed your help.”

“Why? Couldn’t handle him yourself? And why didn’t you say something sooner?”

“I never really got the opportunity to. And something is up with this guy. I swear to god, I killed him  but he just came back and tried to kill me again!”

I gave Sebastian a bored expression. “People can’t die and come back unless they come back as a vampire.”

“That’s exactly what I thought too but this guy just came back and tried to kill me again! And I'm pretty sure he's still human.”

“Sebastian, you’re such an old vampire. It should be within your capabilities to take care of one petty human.”

He growls at me. “I did take care of him. Once already but he came back. Try to help me figure out what’s wrong.”

I debate on whether or not I should help Sebastian. I had come to the Lockwood mansion with full intentions of hanging out with Tyler and partying but seeing as his parents were home, I doubt that could happen now. So, I decide to take up Sebastian’s offer.

“I’ll help you tomorrow but first you’ve got to party with me.”

Sebastian grins. “Just like the old days?”