Dancing

Harry's POV

Time flies by at a ridiculously slow pace after Halloween. There are no more visits with Louis, and nothing but exams and projects and papers to work on. I've been picking up extra shifts at the newspaper, so I've been writing two articles a week instead of one. Overwhelmed doesn't even begin to describe how I've been feeling lately.

Zayn, Niall and I have been good about keep in touch, though we've all been so busy lately that we haven't had much time to go out together. I try to grab a quick lunch or coffee with Niall after class at least once a week, and I see Zayn at the paper, so I never go too long without spending time with him.

But even though my friends are great and my classes are keeping me occupied, I can't help but feel a void inside me. It's like a gnawing, empty feeling in my chest, and I can't stand it.

I get the feeling when I'm walking down the street and see couples giggling or holding hands. When I go the bar and see people making moves on potential hookups, or when I grab a coffee at the cafe and see a couple on their first date. I know I shouldn't care, after all I have my own boyfriend. It's not like I'm single and yearning for a relationship.

But honestly, that's what makes it even worse. Knowing that I have someone so amazing and special and wonderful, but that he's not here right now. And that I can't see him whenever I want like those kids. That I have to wait.

It sucks, of course, and though I'll never tell Louis this, I've spent several nights crying because of how lonely I've been without him. I know I said I had to stop relying on him, but it's so hard. Yes, I can call Niall or Zayn when something is bothering me, but no one is going to be able to comfort me the way Louis does. No one can take me in their arms and tell me it's going to be okay the way he does. No one can match that sapphire stare, and that gentle caress. It's only Louis who can do those things for me. It's only Louis who can make me feel better.

One December afternoon, after hours of studying for finals, I just can't take it anymore. Louis hasn't been answering his phone since he's been in the lab, and Niall and Zayn are likely at the library studying.

So I do the only thing I can think of to take the pain away: drink. I have a bottle of raspberry vodka in my room and I pour myself a shot in a shot glass that Louis gave to me. It's small and has a German flag on it.

I take a swig, and then pour myself two more shots. The next thing I know, I'm seven shots deep and blasting Christmas carols in my underwear.

I have a bunch of Christmas decor in my room, because it is my favorite holiday after all. And pretty soon, I'm wearing a Santa hat and sasheeing around my room with a string of Christmas lights, shimmying around with it like I'm in a music video.

Eventually, I get bored of dancing on my own, so I call Louis to join in on the fun.

"Hey, babeeee," I giggle into my Skype camera. It's about 10pm, and Louis looks like he just got back from the lab- his goggles are even around his neck.

"Hi, Harold, what is going on with you?" he asks, noting that I'm shirtless and wearing a Santa hat.

"Oh, I'll show you!" I jump up to turn on the music and begin my dance, being sure to make a seductive face at the camera while I do it.

I expect Louis to be turned on - maybe even to take off some clothing of his own. But he doesn't. Instead, he just starts laughing.

"Oh my god, Harry, are you drunk," he chuckles, covering his face with his hand.

"A lil," I hiccup, shooting him a toothy grin. "Don't laugh. I'm being sexy for you, Lou-ee."

"Oh, yes you are. You look great," Louis says, biting his lip. "You're always sexy for me."