Flying

Hello readers! Thanks so much for making it this far :D I promise this is a happy story. I am a sucker for happy endings. But they go through some ups and downs and it's tough on both of them. Don't worry, though. Just trust me and have faith it'll work out.

Harry's POV

"So have you ever been to Spain before?"

Emma, one of my classmates who is also going to study in Spain, asks me the question for the second time.

Propping my feet up on my suitcase, I shake my head. "No, haven't. You?"

"I've been twice. I went to the Vasque country!" she says excitedly.

"Nice, how was it?" I reply.

I let her babble for a bit about her experience. She says something about how she went there in high school and then went back with her family, but I'm not paying attention. Social interaction usually distracts me, but I'm feeling so down from last night that it's hard for me to even get words our right now.

"Awesome," I say, when she's finished. "I hope Granada is just as nice."

"It should be!" Emma says with a smile. She has brown curly hair like me, and bright blue eyes. I vaguely recognize her from a class I took two years ago. "So do you know where Ian is?"

"Ian?" I question.

"The other dude coming with us on this flight," she clarifies. "He goes to Columbia."

"Oh, um, no. We can look for him though. You have his Facebook?" I ask.

Emma pulls up Ian's Facebook, and it's not too long before we spot him a few rows away from us. Emma has no problem walking up to him and introducing herself, and Ian smiles, standing up to follow her. He takes a seat next to me and my heart flutters a bit.

Ian is so gorgeous. He has silky blonde hair of a medium length and bright blue eyes, not to mention a bit of sexy stubble forming on his chin.

"Hey, I'm Harry," I say, shaking his hand.

"Ian," he replies. "Excited for Spain?"

"Yeah! It should be dope," I say with a smile. Emma gives me a strange look, perhaps wondering where all of this extra energy is coming from. The truth is, I find Ian absolutely gorgeous... maybe even more gorgeous than.... no...

He's not more gorgeous than Louis. Sure, he's taller and more muscular and svelte, but he's not Louis. No one is. And I love Louis, don't I?

Suddenly, I feel a wave of nausea wash over me and excuse myself to go to the food court. I skipped breakfast this morning and it always makes me feel a bit woozy.

But the real reason I feel sick is not because of hunger. It's because of how complicated my feelings are. How fucked up my relationship is. Louis hurt me, so now I want to hurt to him by checking out this other guy.

I would never really do anything with him, though. Ian looks straight anyways. But it doesn't hurt to look, right?

Or Does it?

As I get on line at one of the cafes, I open my phone to check my messages, trying to take my mind off the current dilemma.

Louis: How's my baby doing? <3 Are you excited?

Louis: Miss you so much already!

Louis: Have a safe flight, my little lion cub!

I sigh and send Louis a couple of heart emojis and a selfie of me at the airport. But it doesn't feel right. He never made this much effort before. He usually texts me once a day, if at all. Now, he's showering me with messages. It doesn't make sense.