Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourten

Walking into school with Liam I knew seeing Harry would be hard. And it was only Tuesday. By the time it had got to fourth period I hadn’t had music and I knew I would see Harry at lunch. Coming back from my locker I joined everyone else at our usual spot, the table by the art rooms. I saw everyone, except Harry. I sat down and we laughed like always. Louis is the funniest person I know and Niall’s laugh just made us laugh even harder.

“Why did the mushroom go to the party?”

“Why Louis?”

“Because he was a fun-gi”

The entire table burst into laughter.

“What’s so funny?”

I smiled when I saw Harry arrive at the table. I moved over a motioned for him to come sit next to me.  Sitting there it felt more natural with Harry there. Had a made a huge mistake? Obviously he noticed the distracted look on my face.

“Em, are you okay? You look confused.”

“Huh, What? Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks Harry.”

When the bell rang I was a bit disappointed. I wanted to spend more time with Harry, as a friend. I was so happy when I looked on my timetable and saw I had music next. But it didn’t feel as it did at lunch, it was awkward and uncomfortable.

“Okay class. Today I will be picking pairs for an assembly performance. It will only be in front of the year 11s but it’s still a performance. The pairs I will be picking from are; Niall and Alex, Louis and Zayn, Liam and Drake and Harry and Emily.”

Great. Now we have to work together. As if it wasn’t awkward enough. Now we’ll be shoved in a room alone together for an hour every day.

“Emily, I know that I usually ask you to do a pop song but I would like for you and Harry to do a love duet or ballad. It can be a happy love song or sad, but I would like it to be slow.”

“Okay Miss.”

Of course she would. It was like she could feel the awkwardness and just wanted to make it stronger. Then she moved Harry and I to the private music room above the assembly area.

“Em, let’s do Always, the Reece Mastin version.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at the fact he suggested it. He knew I loved Reece and I knew he wasn’t that big of a fan. So we got straight to work.