Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

As I was getting ready I couldn’t stop myself from jumping up and down. As far as Mum was concerned I was meeting everyone for dinner and a movie and as far as I was concerned I was meeting everyone that mattered right now. And as far as my friends are concerned Mum and I are having a girl’s night out. No one would find out and even better, it was at Harry’s house, so we wouldn’t run into anyone. When Harry came I was already outside so Mum would think it was Tara. Thankfully he had his licence and his parents were out of town so there was no awkwardness there. When we pulled up to Harry’s house I swear my mouth hit the floor. He decorated his room so there was twinkle lights and a beautiful dining set for two. It was so romantic.

“Harry, It’s be—“

“Not as beautiful as you”

He kissed me on the cheek and I couldn’t help but blush.

“I just, Thankyou”

“Your very welcome”

He kissed me on the cheek again. I think he knew it made me get butterflies. He had cooked the most incredible dinner I had ever eaten. I mean it was just pasta but, it was the best pasta ever. I was having such a great time and I never wanted to end.

“Hey we better get going.”

“What, why?”

“We have a movie to get to”

“But what about being a secret? Isn’t that why we had dinner here?”

He took me to see Happy Feet 2. Okay not the most romantic movie ever but cute penguins singing and dancing, what’s not to love? It was fun seeing a movie and not having to be so secretive.

“Did you like it?”

“I loved it. Thanks for this Harry. It was one if the best nights of my life.”

He leaned in and kissed me. I was the perfect kiss. The most incredible night of my life.

As Harry and I stood their waiting for my mum to come get me I heard strange noise.

“What the hell?”

I knew that voice. It was Tara. Shit. I was caught out.

“Hey Tara. How are you?”

“I’m fine. What are you doing here?”

She nodded towards Harry as if to say what is going on? I had no idea what to say.

“I just saw Emily with her mum. Didn’t she say she was going to get the car?”

“Uh yeah she did. Thanks for reminding me.”

Thank god he was quick on his feet, other wise we were screwed.

“So Tara, did you guys see a movie?”

“Yeah me and Lou saw Happy Feet Two. Did you see anything?”

“Mum and I saw that too. Shame we didn’t see you in there”

“Yeah. Well better go Lou just got the car bye Em.”

She gave me hug and walked away. That was to close. Mum pulled up and Harry hid behind the toilet.

“Mum I just have to go to the loo, be right back.”

I know its wrong to lie to your mum but I could tell her. I was mine and Harry’s secret.

“Harry, thankyou for tonight. It was perfect.”

“Your so very welcome.”

He kissed me and it was amazing. He whispered something in my ear but I didn’t hear him. He kissed me again and I then I left with mum. That was the most incredible first date of my entire life, even if it was in secret.