Late nights

Raven tossed and turned in her bed. She sat up and wiped her eyes and saw at was one in the morning. She groaned and sat up to go to the kitchen. Some tea would help her clear her thoughts. She opened the doors to see she wasn't alone. Beastboy was in the kitchen making something of his own. She rolled her eyes when she saw he was shirtless and in nothing but low waisted sweatpants. He jumped when he heard the door open, but then relaxed when he saw it was only her.
"What are you doing up?" He asked as he opened a cabinet.
"I just couldn't sleep." She said as she went to grab a tea bag.
"Same." After that there was a few minutes of silence. Raven sat down at table with her tea and drank it silently.
"A lot on your mind?" He asked as he cut off a piece of tofu.
"You could say that. I uh... wanna thank you for what you said earlier."
"Oh you're welcome. I didn't know you heard..."
"Yeah I was standing behind the door." She bit her lip. He sat down on the other side of the table with his sandwich.
"Well don't let what he said get to you. He had no idea what he was saying." He said as he bit into his sandwich. She sighed and when he stood up she noticed he had huge scars going down his chest and stomach. He caught her looking at them.
"That's part of the punishment I showed you before. Lets just say the whip they used wasn't my best friend." He laughed but he stopped when he saw a pained look on her face.
"Listen I told you before, it's done and over with. It doesn't bother me anymore." He said as he got up to get a drink.
"Beastboy how did you survive?"
"Well it wasn't easy, I just had to take the chance. At night while everybody was asleep I escaped. After many attempts that was finally my night."
"So that's what happened when they caught you escaping?" She pointed at his chest.
"Yeah and when I didn't listen. They wanted me to commit crimes and I refused and then they just took a whip and hit me until I said I was sorry or passed out." He took a huge gulp of water.
"Can I ask what crimes they wanted you to do?" She asked. It felt great hearing someone else's story for once.
"Sure. They wanted me to rob a homeless girl one time. She was probably eighteen or so. Just crime like that. But the worst was when they wanted me to attack this one girl. She was eight the same age as me at the time. But umm.. yeah that's basically it." He took another sip of water.
"How long were you there?" She asked finishing her cup of tea.
"I think three years. Something like that." He nodded and finished his glass of water. It was silent for a few minutes until Raven broke it.
"I just wanna say I'm sorry about before... I was such a bitch to you and you didn't deserve it. All you did was try to make me laugh and be happy and I just wasn't being a good friend. I'm so sorry and just know I didn't mean a thing I said. I was just going through something." She looked down as she washed her mug.
"Raven it's okay. I didn't take it personally and I was a little bit annoying before I know that. But I always knew something was wrong so I tried to make you happy. I knew something happened and I just didn't want you to be depressed like I was for so many years. I wanted you to know that people cared about you here." He grinned at her. She gave him a sad look.
"You... you've been depressed before?"
"Yes, and suicidal. I just didn't think I would ever get out of the dark place I was in. With my parents, and being kidnapped I just didn't see a point. So I tried taking a bottle of pills one night. But I guess they weren't strong enough and here I am. I tried to cheer everybody up when they needed it." She gave him a sad smile and hugged him tightly. He giggled and returned it.
"Promise you won't think about doing that again?" She said giving him a tight squeeze. He laughed.
"I promise." He said as she let go.
Their faces were very close. Only inches apart as they broke out of the hug. He grinned at her and leaned a little closer. She could feel his hot breath on her face and her breath hitched, but she found her self leaning closer as well. She stared at his emerald green eyes and then at his lips. Only fibers were separating them now until finally he leaned close enough until they finally touched. She was about to back away... but something was stopping her and she leaned closer. She felt bubbles in her stomach pop. He finally broke the kiss and blushed.
"I should uh... get to bed now." She said as she put the mug in the sink.
"Me too."
———————————
Finally I got to this part👌 I've been wanting the romance to happed for a long time but I didn't know when was the right time to write it in but here I took a shot!😼❤️