Into Town

SMALL OFFICE BUILDING IN TOWN

(The Shellraizer pulls up in front of "Northwest Garden" headquarters. Townsfolk in Shakespearean costumes stand about, advertising a local festival. Raph is sharing his latest dream)

Raph-here were garden squash like balloon animals ane snap dragons. (He continues from back seat as her Donnie reviews his work pages) Oh, and upstairs I saw a real mouse circus, not pretend like the crazy guy's in our house.

Donnie-You sure you won't come?

Leo-(indicates Mikey's neck brace) Don, they'll love the new catalog. At least, they'll love my additional chapters. (Donnie gives him an "aren't you funny" look, opens door)

(Leo looks back at Raph)

Leo-I did not call him crazy, Raph. He's drunk.

Mikey-(makes the hand-thumb bottle sign)

Donnie-Well, I guess I'll see you around, you weirdo dreamer.

Raph-I will pound you.

(Donnie heads up the steps to his appointment as Leo, Mikey, and Raph drive off)

(Valmart: Like Walmart, but all the clothes are knockoffs, and the food is one week from expiration)

(Leo is in the dairy section with Mikey who is listening to music on his headphones)

(Raph sees a vintage gameboy. He is about to pick it up, but a young girl in costume with sword bounces past him on a wheeled step stool - her father in pursuit)

Girl- My kingdom for a hooooooorse!!!!

(There's an off screen crash, then the step stool rolls back to Raph)

(Raph picks up the gameboy but then Leo calls out)

Leo-(offscreen) Don't even think about it!

Raph-My other brother would let me get it!

Mikey-Maybe he should buy all your stuff!

(Raph scowls and returns the game)

(They are driving home, grocery bags in back)

Raph-So what do you think's in the other apartment?

Leo-Definitely not a family of Hamato imposters.

Raph-Then why'd you lock the door?

Leo-Oh, Mikey found some rat crap and it seemed gross.

Raph-They're jumping-mice, dork! And the dreams aren't dangerous; they're the most fun I've had since we've moved here.

Leo-Our house might be fun.

Raph-With that old stuff? Right.

Leo-Had to give it a try.

(They pull into the driveway)

KITCHEN

(Mikey pulls out salsa, mustard, ketchup, and stale tortillas from the fridge)

Mikey-How do you feel about a mustard-ketchup- salsa wrap for lunch?

(Raph, carrying in the bags from outside, makes a face)

Raph-Are you kidding me?

Mikey-Had to go food shopping anyway. Don's planning something "special".

Raph-Gross.

Mikey-You wanna come along? Leo's driving.

Raph-No thanks.

Donnie-Alright. Won't be long.

(They head out the door)

Raph-But I might be... (He pulls open the key drawer, looking for the small black key. Not there. He looks around, then spots it hanging on a hook above a door. H snags it)

LIVING ROOM

(Raph walks to the small door and pushes the key into the keyhole and unlocks the door. He listens for the Shellraizer. Nothing. Grasping the key between thumb and forefinger, he closes his eyes, pulls the door open. A small breeze blows the tails of his mask. He knows before his eyes open that the bricks are gone)

Raph-(Opens his eyes) I knew it was real! (Crawls through)

(We see Shadow and Ice Cream Kitty perched on the wet window sill, observing Raph as he disappears into the tunnel. With looks of concern, they jump down)