Welcome Back

OTHER KITCHEN

(Lunch is ready and waiting for him: hotdogs with ketchup; grilled cheese sandwiches, curly-fries, pizza, and five flavors of soda-pop. There's a note attached to the chair)

Other Leo-(voiceover) Raph, Renet and Shinigami have invited you downstairs after lunch. I hope you enjoy the show! -Other Leo.

(A few minutes later, Raph exits the house)

Raph-(looks around) It's always nighttime here.

(Shadow and Ice Cream kitty meow)

(Raph looks up to see them on the porch roof above him. He raises his brows, and studies them for a moment)

Raph-Hm... Angel and Mikey got cats like you at home. Not the quiet Angel; the one that talks too much. And not the other Mikey. You must be the Other Cats.

(They leap down and land on the railing by the basement stairs)

Shadow-No. We are not the other anything.

Ice Cream Kitty-It's us.

Raph-(still in shock) Um... I can see you don't have button eyes. But if you're the same cats, how can you talk?

Ice Cream kitty-We just can. (She leaps smoothly from the railing and onto a large, fallen tree)

Raph-Well. Cats don't talk at home.

Shadow-No?

Raph-No.

Shadow-Well, you're clearly the expert on these things. After all, I'm just a big fat wuss puss. (Walks away with tail in the air)

Raph-Come back! I... Look, I'm sorry I called you that, I really am. How'd you get here?

Ice Cream kitty-We've been coming here for a while. (Disappears behind a thick root that sticks up, then reappears from a large knot hole beside Raph) It's a game we play. He... (indicates house) ...hates cats and tries to keep us out. But he can't, of course.

Shadow-(He pokes his head down into the knot hole, then pops it up out of another knot-hole, ten feet away) We come and go as we please.

Raph-The Other Brother hates cats?

Shadow-Not like any "brother" I've ever known.

Raph-What do you mean? He's amazing!

(Shadow and Ice Cream kitty climb the tree's branches onto the roof)

Ice Cream kitty-You probably think this world is a dream come true. But you're wrong.

Shadow-The Other Angel told us so.

Ice Cream kitty-Along with, other Mikey.

Raph-That's nonsense. She can't talk. And why would Mikey tell you that?

(The cats looks at him, pitying his lack of intelligence)

Shadow-Angel cannot talk to you. And Mikey, like the one at home keeps his feelings to himself. We cats, however, have far superior senses than humans and can see and smell, and- (Suddenly, they drop into a crouch and freeze, sensing something)

Ice Cream Kitty-Shhhh! We hear something! Right ...over...

(They scramble across the roof and disappear around the corner)

(Raph shrugs, skeptical, and heads down to Renet and Shinigami's, their door now circled with chaser lights)

(He pushes past elegant velvet curtains to discover an enormous, darkened theater with dim rows of seats and a high wooden stage. A flashlight comes towards him, carried by a black Scottie dog with button eyes. He looks up at him, sniffs, then leads him down the aisle past rows and rows of buttoned-eyed scotties, to a front seat by the Other Angel)