Ch 7: The Connection

Hello my lovely flowers & welcome to chapter 7... again.
I don't know what happened. Half of the chapter deleted itself before.
Hopefully itself and will stay there.
Hope you enjoy ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Boy, did you see that? Nobody takes a wallop like Goofy. What timing, what finesse! What a genius!" Roger laughed at the big movie screen before Eddie grabbed him by the ears and yanked him into his row of seats. After a reunion with Benny the taxi and a wild police chase with a mix of weasel, the three ended up at a movie theater. They were supposed to be hiding and here's this dumbass bunny, laughing his furry tail off.

"We're supposed to be hiding. What's wrong with you?" Eddie smacked Roger upside his head.

"What wrong with you? You and y/n are the only ones in this theater that aren't laughing. Is their nothing that can permeate your impervious puss?" Roger replied while also spitting in Eddie's face.

"Hey, Eddie!" Roger attempted to make Eddie laugh or at least crack a smile but it was hopeless. Eddie just stared at the bunny with an everlasting bitch face. He tried the same with y/n but that only ended up with her harshly flicking his nose and going back to what she was doing.

"Whatcha got there anyways?" Roger asked, rubbing his nose.

"U-uh, nothing! It's nothing Rog, just go back to watching Douchey." Y/n replied quickly shoving whatever she had back in her pocket.

"Goofy."

"Whatever."

"Jeepers. What could have possibly happened in your lives that turned you both into such a sourpuss?" Roger asked and y/n looked back at him from her seat in the row in front of both of them.

"You wanna know? I'll tell you. You remember my sister Ivy don't you?"

Roger nodded.

"Yeah, where is Ivy anyways. Haven't seen her since the week before the wedding."

"She's dead, Roger. So is his brother..." Y/n trailed off. Shock took on Rogers face hearing this. He looked at Eddie and all the sourpuss did was look away.

"A toon killed them." Eddie said.

"We were investigating a robbery at the First National Bank of Toontown. Back in those days, Teddy and I liked working in Toontown. Thought it was a lot of laughs." Eddie pulled out his flask of alcohol.

"Ivy liked jobs in Toontown, too. She always thought it was fun when we got paired up for jobs together but I wasn't there for this investigation because my wedding was the next day. Ivy offered to work both of our shifts for that night so I could mentally prepare myself for the big day and promised to be there on time, since she was my maid of honor." Y/n said with a solemn look on her face.

"From what I'm told, this guy got away with a zillion simoleons. Eddie, Teddy, and Ivy trailed him to a little dive down on Yockster Street, that right?" She asked Eddie who nodded.

"We went in, only he got the drop on us, literally. Dropped a piano on us from 15 stories. I broke my arm, Teddy never made it, and I assume Ivy didn't either. Her body was never found." He said which always had questions arising in y/n mind. She hated thinking about this drastic event in her life, but all these questions without answers would continue to haunt her till the end of her days.

Her sister was a human. There was no way she could have survived a piano dropping on her head from 15 stories up. There was no trace of her at the crime scene. No blood or anything. It was like she disappeared out of thin air.

"I never did find out who that guy was. All I remember was him standing over me laughing with those burning red eyes and high squeaky voice. He disappeared into Toontown after that." Eddie said.