Reunited

Hey guys! So this is the second chapter, I tried to get it out as soon as I could, I hope you enjoy! Please remember to vote, comment and share if you enjoyed it! ☺️

The ding of the seatbelt sign illuminating back to life startles me awake from my on and off snoozing. Stretching out my cramped limbs, I glance out the oval window staring down in wonder as our plane hurtles lower and lower to the ground. All around me people seem to be springing into action as we draw nearer to our destination; stowing away hand luggage, refastening seatbelts and chattering excitedly.

From first glance the majority are enthusiastic holiday makers and party goers already donned in fake tan and their new designer holiday gear. However, within are a few weary and dark-circled individuals obviously on their way back home and dreading tomorrow's impending workday.

I carefully put my tired copy of Emma back into my small rucksack and shove it underneath the seat in front of me as I prepare nervously for the plane landing. I'd always been fine with flying, in fact when me and Jeremy were little we lived for the few occasions we got to fly, to us it was the ultimate rollercoaster. However, now I couldn't be more nervous flying alone for the first time. I suppose it's another important milestone ticked off my list.

My mind continues its usual aimless wander as the pilot's distant drone emanates down from above me. I think back to my mum's worried expression as I hugged her goodbye at the terminal before going through security. I could tell by her dubious tone that she wasn't totally convinced when I said I would be fine. Truthfully, I haven't really been fine for nearly a year.

I suck in my breath and clutch the armrest until my knuckles almost go white as the plane thuds and shudders its way to landing.

"Nervous flyer?" The tired looking middle aged man asks gently with slight amusement in his dark eyes.

"Lil' bit," I breathe back before laughing slightly once the plane gently whirs to a stop without anything terrible happening.

I let out my held in breath as the seatbelt sign eventually turns back off and everyone around me bursts into life, fighting to be the first to get up and get their things. Taking my time, I wait as they all start piling off the plane, desperate to get to their holidays as if they'll lose out if they don't go immediately. Instead, I sort through my rucksack, making sure that everything is there and my passport is ready at the top.

The seemingly kind man next to me gives me one last small smile before trailing off behind a group of chanting teenagers, clutching his briefcase with a tight anxiety. I wait another ten seconds before finally jumping into action and heading to the exit, thanking the flight attendant quietly. As soon as I step onto the first metal step, I can't help but grin as the tropical air instantly hits my face and coats my skin with its dense humidity.

Continuing to breathe in the new hot atmosphere, I follow the now distant crowds into the airport, getting more and more excited with every step closer to the terminal.

***

The airport is absolutely teeming with life as I scan the the clusters of people all waiting by the gate. With my wheelie case rolling obediently behind me, I swerve through a group of very excited girls all wearing matching bright pink dresses and very questionable fake tan. My eyes quickly whiz across every face, searching inquisitively for my brother's familiar expression. He must have got lost or be stuck in traffic ...

"Dani!"

My neck almost snaps it swivels so quickly as soon as I hear him bellow my name out loudly.

"Jeremy!" I laugh, my face suddenly sweeping over with a glowing smile.

"Hey sis," he chuckles as he strides over towards me.