Familiar Reappearances

*Picture of Josh*

I didn't tell anyone else about my phone call. I knew that I probably should but they were all so excited about the house party tonight, I didn't want to stress them out with my problems. However, I couldn't get the horrible voice out of the back of my head that just kept shouting, "ALEX!" I could tell Eli was thinking that too, the way he looked at me and wouldn't let me out of his sight. He even insisted on coming with me when I went down to the shop to get groceries for Tyler's self-proclaimed "extravaganza".

I had eventually resolved that I would tell them and also ring my mum about it tomorrow. Maybe. At least that's what I told Eli so that he'd hopefully stop worrying so much.

"Come in!" I say with a raised voice to the light rapping at my bedroom door. I've just finished getting ready for tonight, finally clasping my necklace shut. "Of course," I sigh when Eli cautiously pops his head around the door.

"What?" He replies defensively not hiding the infectious grin that's spread across his face.

He flops down on my bed laying on his front and watching as I curl my eyelashes.

"I never understand why girls put that instrument of torture near their eyelashes to make them like a centimetre longer," he points out as he looks lazily on my bed. Yes my bed again!

"That's funny I don't remember asking for your running commentary," I reply dryly, carefully applying mascara.

"See like that! You have naturally dark eyelashes, Cara always complains how lucky you are, so why do you need to wear mascara!" He protests playfully, leaning on his elbow and not removing his blue eyes from their grip on me.

"Because, my love, we can't all be as effortlessly gorgeous as you," I tease, not being able to stop the smile as it crawls onto my mouth.

Getting up from my mirror, I head over to where I'd finally bothered to unpack all my clothes and inspect the contents of the wardrobe. From the looks of it, Eli's going pretty casual but that's because he looks good in a paper bag so that doesn't really help me when deciding what to wear. In the end I decide it's way too hot to try and be fancy so I settle for a silk off the shoulder top and black ripped shorts. I grab some black fishnet tights and decide on my vans even though I probably won't keep shoes on for long.

"Do you want to turn around?" I indicate, nodding my head and signalling for him to turn around.

He pouts playfully before turning around to face the other way whilst I sling off my dressing gown and begin to get dressed. Admittedly, I could have easily just gone into my bathroom but there's something quite comforting about knowing he's right there.

"So you won't tell anyone? At least until after I have?" I ask seriously as I do that weird little hip jiggle to pull my tights up.

"Fine!" He exclaims, turning around suddenly, "but ..." he stops suddenly once his eyes land on me and we both hover awkwardly as he takes in my half dressed appearance.

"But nothing," I manage to find my words and let my eyes move from his, ignoring his burning eyes travelling across my skin. "It's not for you to tell," I insist once more, quickly putting my shorts on and securing them tightly.

"Ok," he sighs, moving to sit at the end of the bed, putting his head in his hands and rubbing his eyes until they're tinted red. "Just ... the thought of someone messing with you again. Someone hurting you again, terrifies me Dani."

"I thought that too at first, but it's not him. It can't be Alex," I assure him, reading the look on his face and knowing that he has the same fears as I did earlier. "How could he have visited my therapist? He's in prison and even if he wasn't, you think that's where he'd go?" I place my hands on his shoulders, standing nervously in front of his slouched figure.