Too Damaged For You

The scorching sun radiates all over my body, keeping me in a permanent state of laziness. However, while my body lolls calmly on the golden sand, my mind is all over the place. I can still feel Eli's touch lingering on my skin and the vibrations of utter shock still simmering in my stomach.

Immersed in a world of Taylor Swift and Shawn Mendes like the basic bitch that I am, I continue to doze in and out of consciousness, my imagination going utterly wild after earlier's events. My fingers twirl around in the warm sand and crumble the smooth grains soothingly.

"You coming in?"

I'm pulled from my own version of paradise by my best friend's eager voice. Looking up, I see her and Samantha hovering over me and give them a quick thumbs up. Clambering up with their help, I stretch out my stiff body before setting off eagerly across the sand with them like three excitable kids. We crash into the lapping waves, sending water flying everywhere as we plunge into the freezing water.

"Fuck, that's cold!" Samantha curses, pulling her arms over her chest and bracing herself against the dramatic change in temperature.

We simply laugh at her and she splashes us back playfully, making me jump backwards into an oncoming wave that lifts me up in the air.

"Imagine being able to just be on a constant vacation, you know the millionaire lifestyle," Cara sighs, looking up dreamily at the sun through her big shades.

"Nah, I think it's get boring. Plus, you can't beat that excited feeling you get when you're finally going on your summer holidays," I argue back.

"Oh yeah, except the feeling of having a million quid in your bank account," Samantha laughs at me.

I nod back, distracted again as my mind wanders back to this morning and what the hell triggered him to do that. Cara can tell that something's on my mind and she shoots me a questioning glance. I simply force a smile back. Like she won't be able to see right through that.

We spend some more time hanging out and chilling in the salty water, watching as the various luxury yachts and speedboats sail by.

"So what's the plan tonight then?" I ask before either of them notice that I'm slightly more distracted than usual.

"The guys want to hit some clubs but I was kind of thinking that we could have a girls' night in? Three nights of heavy drinking have hit me hard," Samantha suggests, her hangover still painfully visible through her eyes.

"Sounds good to me," I agree looking at Cara who nods in approval. "Pizza and movies then?" I add to two very enthusiastic replies.

I excuse myself and begin to wade out of the ocean, fighting not to tumble over the stringy seaweed or whenever a wave hits my back. Swiping my damp hair back as I head back to our towels, I see the boys returning to our spot on the beach, armed with plastic bags and big bottles of water.

"You read my mind!" I almost jump Tyler, grabbing the icy cold water off him and taking a large gulp, only now realising how dehydrated I am.

"If only you were always so eager to see me," he teases, before grabbing the bottle off me and taking his own drink.

I don't look at Eli, still feeling awkward about our previous kiss but I can feel his eyes boring into the side of my head.

The girls eventually come and join us as we're connecting all our towels together into a large square and spreading the food out to pick at. I lean back, resting my weight onto my elbows as Cara informs the guys about our girls night and that they are not to disturb us or may God help them.