Chapter 2

When was school was over, I was the gossip of the school and soon town if I wasn't already. Bella was clearly curious about me and wanted answers, so I told her I would meet her at her home by following her sweet blood after I pick up my son. She was quite surprised by the news.

"Son?" she almost shrieked out loud if it wasn't for me covering her mouth quickly.

"I'll explain everything," I reminded her. I hopped into my Lamborghini after saying my farewells, making my way to the Rez. By the time I made it, Leah and Emily were outside waiting for me. The pack must have warned them by smelling my scent.

"How was school," Emily smirked knowingly at me.

"A drag," I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my cooing son. "You should hear the gossip in Forks." I smiled at Leah gently. "How have you been, Leah?"

"Fine," she said glumly. I noticed her emotions; she was heartbroken still. I sent her a meaningful look. Even though she looked fine in front of Emily, I knew her true emotions. She just didn't want to hurt her cousin and make her feel more guilty. She left that to Sam.

"I'll see you two later," I notified them as I tucked Junior into his seat. "You're going to be looking after Junior almost every day anyway."

When I arrived at Bella's home, I noticed she was home alone, but running around the place; probably trying to clean up the place. As if I cared about that.

When Bella opened the door after I knocked on it, her hair was a mess from her running around and was out of breath. I noticed the small scrapes she got; probably from tripping over. I may have only met her today, but I know for a fact that she is very clumsy.

"Hey!" she breathed out with a weak smile, her eyes falling to the infant in my arms. Her face softened to one of awe. "Wow, this must be..."

"My son," I finished. "Junior."

"Named after the father?" she guessed. "Who..." Seeing the pained expression on my face, she decided to not finish the question. "Come on in..." she murmured, opening the door for me. As I entered the small home, I smiled tenderly at the homey feel to the area. I followed her up the stairs, leading me to her room where she just about collapsed on the bed, me deciding to sit on her desk chair.

"So uh..." she started awkwardly. "How old is Junior?"

"He's one-hundred and thirty-nine years old," I answered casually. She just about choked on her air.

"What? How -" I pulled out the fragile book I still kept, handing it to her in the open page about my kind. I could feel the shock and interest in her emotions as she read the book. She closed it gently when she finished reading the pages. "So you're a vampire that still has human blood in your system which makes you able to still connect with some human qualities such as getting pregnant," she stated. I nodded in response. "So when exactly did you have Junior?"

"He was born on April the 5th, 1865," I answered. I noticed the adoration on her face when staring at Junior who looked at her just as curious. "Do you want to hold him?"

"I'm not sure about that," she said uneasily, "I'm a klutz in case you haven't noticed." I scoffed.

"Yeah, no kidding." She rolled her eyes at me. "It's okay, really. I'm right in front of you, and we're on a bed." I flitted to her bed just as I said that, startling her. I handed Junior over to her who already had his arms out ready for her, Bella carefully wrapping her arms around him. I sent some calm to her, making her relax and hold Junior easily. Bella looked to me curiously. "One of my many gifts," I winked.

We stayed in her room for the rest of the afternoon, explaining to her all the stuff I knew about myself, and about my human life. She was very interested in everything I said, she had so many questions. "You were part of the Civil War? What was it like? What was the time era different? Do you miss it?" So many questions for a small human like her!