Chapter 3

Two months later...

"Hey, Bella!" I said cheerfully, bringing the fragile human into a hug that she happily returned when she entered my hotel room. Two months passed, and from what I have noticed in the short amount of time was that Bella's emotional state was getting better.

I remember the first time I observed her emotions; apart from the shock and awe she felt when she realised what I was, she was also very miserable yet numb at the same time. So, of course, I tried to help her without using my gift most of the time, and I soon found out that she was good friends with Billy Black's son, Jacob. So with the both of us with her, she was getting better from whatever it was that broke her - and it was definitely better between the three of us when she found out about Jacob being a shifter and finding out I was allowed to go over to their territory.

"You know what I forgot to tell you about?" Bella blurted out randomly when we were minding our own business in the hotel room.

"What?" I peered up from my Civil War biography over to her sitting on my bed with Junior.

"I haven't told you how I know about vampires," Bella replied. I lowered my book at her words. "I mean, you told me your story as soon as we met, and I'm being stupid for not revealing anything to you."

"It's okay," I assured her as I made my way to the two. "You needed time,"

"And I'm ready to tell you," she nodded, "you're one of my best friends even though we've only known each other for a short amount of time, but I really care for you and everything."

"As do I," I smiled at her gently. She took a deep breath in and told her story. She told me when she first moved to Forks, going to school for the first time and seeing a group of beautiful people who paid no attention to anyone until one of them saw her. She explained about how the boy caught her attention and made her curious about his mysterious life, soon enough finding out the truth and becoming close to him - close that she fell for the boy despite the dangers in their relationship.

She explained to me the James situation, told me she wanted to be turned into a vampire to be with him, to her birthday incident to the coven leaving her. I was silent throughout her storytelling, letting her vent out all her thoughts and misery, everything she wanted to say though having no one to listen. I was being her pillar, something she needed for a very long time. When she finished her story, we were silent for a while.

"You've experienced a lot of things in the past year and a bit, Bella," I voiced out. "You're very brave and strong to handle this supernatural world."

"You've helped me out," she shrugged.

"It wasn't just me," I added, bringing Junior into my arms to cuddle, "Jacob has helped you."

"Yes, he's been great," Bella sighed, smiling gently at the thought of the boy, yet at the same time looking conflicted. "The thing is...Jacob kind of -"

"-has feelings for you?" I finished nonchalantly. "Girl it is so obvious he has a thing for you even though you don't feel that way to him."

"Yeah..." she grumbled. "He's so stubborn..."

"Just like you."

"Hey!" We shared a small laugh, falling silent again. I couldn't help but think back to her story. So she met a coven called the Cullens. There was the leader Carlisle Cullen and his mate Esme, Rosalie Hale and her mate Emmett Cullen, Edward Cullen Bella's ex-boyfriend, and Alice Cullen and Jasper Hale the best friends. Jasper Hale...

"You said Jasper's last name isn't actually Hale, right?" I asked Bella. She nodded in answer. "What's his real name?"

"I don't know," she shrugged. "I wasn't really close with Jasper since he tended to avoid me, being the newest member with the diet. I was surprised when he attended the birthday party - not that he had much of a point since his best friend is Alice..."

"Oh..." I frowned, pressing a kiss to Junior's head. Not my Jasper...

"I'm sorry," Bella apologised. "Is your mate's name Jasper?"

"Yeah, Jasper Whitlock," I smiled nostalgically at the mention of my childhood friend. "The most Texan gentleman out there in the world. I was crushed when I had to leave him. But it was for the safety of Junior and me so he told me to leave, that he would catch up with me in time." I sighed sadly. "It's such a big world, he could be anywhere."

"Don't worry," Bella comforted me, "you will see him again soon."

"Hopefully..." I changed the subject by handing Junior over to Bella and grabbing my suitcase to pack my items. "Anyway, are you going to be okay while I'm going to visit my coven? Are you going to survive without your personal bodyguard?" I joked.

"Haha," Bella drawled out sarcastically even though she was blushing in embarrassment. "I'll be fine, I still have Jacob around."

"What are you going to do tomorrow?" I asked curiously, zipping up my suitcase.

"I'm thinking about going cliff diving," she responded absently, rocking Junior in her arms. "Ever since I saw Sam and his boys do it that day, I've been wanting to do it. The adrenalin..." I sent a look her way that she didn't notice. She revealed to me in her storytelling that the reason why she would want to do dangerous activities was that she could see Edward's transparent form with her, talking to her, trying to get her out of the dangerous situation to no avail. It was concerning to hear this, though I didn't have the heart to tell her; I didn't want to say the wrong thing to the sensitive girl.

"Be careful when you do," I warned her lightly, glancing out my window. "It looks like the weather is going to be a bit harsh over in La Push, so cliff diving can be dangerous."

"I'll be fine," she waved off. "I'm a good swimmer."

"Okay," I said unconvinced. "You should go now, it's quite late and your father might be worried."

"I'll see you next time," Bella told me, bringing me into a hug after lowering a sleeping Junior to the bed. I hugged her back firmly. "Try and keep in touch with me?"

"I'll try," I shrugged, "you know how I am with your technology." With one last wave goodbye, Bella was gone. Hopefully, she doesn't get into too much trouble while I am gone.