Chapter 13 *updated*

A/N: Hey guys! So I created an account on Inkitt where I'm also planning to publish my other books, and it would really mean a lot to me if you guys go on the site as well to read my books :) So on that site, I will be posting chapters on it earlier than on Wattpad by a few days, so those who are very eager to know what happens next can check it out on Inkitt. The link will be on the comment section in this chapter, and you can also find the link to my account on Inkitt on my profile.

"Melanie!" Jasper and the rest of the family yelled. Jasper went to attack Jane when Emmett and Carlisle stopped him, much to his dismay.

"LET GO OF ME!" he roared, seething in their grasp. Rosalie eventually had to join in containing my mate.

"What is your name?" the Volturi girl demanded calmly.

"Didn't you just hear us before when we said her name?" I heard Edward snap.

"I know, but I want to her to answer herself," she replied amused, making Jasper angrier and the others restless. Esme had to hold back Alice from doing anything rash as well.

Through the torturous pain, I turned my head towards the Volturi, sending a weak glare in their direction. Much to my dismay, a tear escaped from my eye, exposing my true identity. They gasped when they saw the human quality.

"She's one of them," Jane breathed out, losing her concentration on me. I closed my eyes in relief with a gasp, absentmindedly copying their gifts.

Jasper turned his attention away from them, rushing to my side instead. "Melanie..." he whispered, pain evident in his voice at seeing his mate suffering.

"I'm...fine," I whispered out, taking deep inhales and exhales. Jasper swooped me into his arms, resting my head on his chest where I could hear and feel his comforting purs to me.

Edward released an abrupt hiss, glaring at Jane. I opened my eyes to see the interaction in Jasper's arms.

"She is not a threat, she has no need to harm your masters!" Edward retorted. Jasper's head snapped up at his words, zeroing his gaze onto the enemy. His eyes darkened, though not enough to show that Major was coming out - he was close, though, I can see it. I can also feel Melody wanting to emerge, though I held her back. The Volturi already think I'm dangerous, I don't want them to be proven right because of Melody.

"No matter," Jane said breezily, "it's our job to make sure they are all exterminated." Everyone growled at this. "Who was your creator?" Jane demanded, throwing more pain to me. I howled out in agony, writhing in Jasper's hold. "Try anything and she will die," I heard her threaten everyone. "Speak!" she commanded towards me.

"M-M-Maria!" I gasped out. I could hear Bella crying in the background, along with Esme who was dry sobbing, Bella screaming at Jane to stop her torture.

"Why were you created?" Jane interrogated.

"Please! She can answer these questions without the pain!" Alice exclaimed. The pain was lifted off me suddenly, making me sigh in relief.

"Speak. Now."

"I was a test for her," I whispered, staring up at Jasper's frozen form. The Major was out. "She heard about these kinds of vampires and wanted to try. I was her test subject. I was her weapon to help her take over territories until I ran away from her." I closed my eyes, burying my head in my mate's chest. Major tightened his hold on me.

"I'm assuming Jasper here is your mate?" Jane drawled out bored. But she wasn't fooling me; I can feel her emotions. She's curious and scared, but excited to tell the news to her masters.

"Yes," I whispered, looking up at said person's face. Major was silent, staring at them with a withering stare. Everyone knew the Major was out; even the Volturi men avoided eye contact with him. Even though they might have a chance at defeating Major due to the fact they drink human blood instead of an animal, they are not willing to risk the chance of fighting Major who is known for being merciless and brutal.

"Your date is set?" Jane changed the topic, turning to Bella who was wiping her tears away. The human nodded in reply. "Good. We'll be coming later on in the future," She turned to me with a smirk. "My masters will be very surprised to hear the news I give to them."

"What happened to want to kill her?" Emmett taunted. Major sent him a look that basically said to be quiet.

"First we find the creator and stop them before they create anymore," Jane said. She peered down at me with disgust. "And then it's up to Aro if she should perish or not."

"Not gonna happen," Major finally spoke up, Southern accent thick but threatening. Despite looking indifferent on the outside, Jane was feeling wary and nervous in Major's presence.

"Hmm." was all she said to him before they vanished. Everyone surrounded Major and I as soon as the Volturi were no longer in the area, all worried and relieved about me.

"I thought you were going to die!" Bella breathed out, bringing me into a hug despite the fact that Major was previously holding me. Major tensed at the fact his arms were empty, but nonetheless stayed silent and allowed our human the closure she needed.

"I'm sorry for getting you all worried," I murmured, slowly getting to my feet with Bella and Major's help.

"I was more worried for them as soon as Major came out," Emmett joked. "I was hoping to see something happen."

"Maybe next time," Major promised. We all shuddered at his scary tone. "But for now, I will take my leave. Jasper is anxious to be with you again."

"Okay," I replied, pressing a quick comforting kiss to his lips before he left, Jasper taking over his body once again.

My lover wrapped his arms around me tightly, breathing in my scent and pressing kisses all over my face and neck. "The next time I say you should stay back..."

"I'm not going to listen and still fight back."

"...of course."

"Let's go home," Carlisle announced, looking a bit worn out from our day. "I think we all deserve some rest."

"Yes," I agreed wholeheartedly. "I just want to relax and be with Junior who is innocently at the Rez -" Rez...Jacob...

"I want to see how Jacob is going," I added. Bella perked up immediately, going to my side.

"Me too," the human agreed. Edward didn't look too happy about it, and neither did Jasper.

"We'll be fine," I assured them. "They won't hurt us."

"And even if they tried to, they couldn't," Bella added, "Melanie can take them on easily."

"Really?" Jasper crossed his arms. "After being tortured by Jane?" I shuddered at the memory of the everlasting pain.

"I'll be fine," I repeated. "You do remember I have to go there, either way, to get our son, right?"

"Besides," Bella shrugged, "even if you say no, we're going to just ignore you guys and still go." Our men sighed in sync, knowing how stubborn we were.

"Two hours," they allowed.

A/N: Next chapter is posted on Inkitt already...