Chapter 6

"What do you mean you have been friends with her?" Jasper sputtered, shock obvious on him.

"When you guys left Forks Melanie arrived at school as a Senior, and I knew what she was despite her having green eyes," I explained hurriedly as he approached closer to me with eagerness for the new information. "She told me some of her story about trying to find her mate, and introduced me to your son -"

"So she had a boy?" Jasper cut me off, looking to the distance with joy. "She had Jasper Junior..."

"You should see him," I couldn't help but gush excitedly, "he's so adorable and calm - like you, in a way." I looked to him softly, producing a gentle smile to him. "She really loves you and misses you."

"And I, her..." Jasper whispered. He looked up from the ground to me, sending me a smile that was so breathtaking and full of happiness. "Thank you, Bella. You have no idea how much this means to me."

"Actually," Carlisle spoke up, looking sheepish, "I kind of knew about this but forgot all about it until now."

"What do you mean?" Jasper said confused. The others all had looks of realisation dawn on their faces, looking sheepish moments later.

"Eleazer called a few months ago," Edward spoke up, "Melanie arrived in Alaska and found out about how close you were, but missed you just as you went solo and went to search for her."

"We couldn't contact you because you had all communication to you off, and then we got occupied with the newborns in Seattle," Carlisle added. I looked to the ground embarrassed; I can't believe Jasper and Melanie could have reunited early if it wasn't for my clumsy ass getting into more mess in the supernatural world...

"So she's in Alaska? With the Denalis." Jasper stated. We all nodded. "I gotta go -"

"You can't!" Edward disagreed. "The newborns are coming soon, we need your help." Reality slapped us in the face at that moment, and all of us looked to Jasper guiltily who looked offended.

"But that's my mate-" Jasper protested with a glare.

"Edward is right," Carlisle agreed to Edward remorsefully, "who knows when they will arrive; we need you here for us."

"But..." Jasper's shoulders sagged in defeat. "I'm so close..."

"I'm sorry," I murmured.

*Meanwhile in Alaska*

I entered the house with Junior after spending some time in the snowy forest with him, stopping at the entrance when I realised there was an argument going on with the coven.

"Irina, they need our help -"

"They are working along with the beasts that killed Laurent!"

"Laurent tried to kill Bella -"

"That's not true!"

"Even if it isn't, they had good reason to refuse your deal! You can't kill them! Melanie cares for them deeply -"

"Guys?" I called warily, entering the kitchen where they were arguing. Irina was on one side of the room, the rest on the opposite. I glanced between them confused. "What's going on?"

"Carlisle called," Eleazer sighed.

"Yes?" I asked eagerly. "Is Jasper there?"

"It wasn't about Jasper," Kate revealed with pursed lips. "It was Edward's mate, Bella. They asked for help to protect Bella from a newborn army."

"What?" I tensed, my hold on Junior tightening. "An army is after her? Why?"

"We don't know," Eleazer shook his head. "But either way, they asked for help but Irina said no."