Chapter 10

The next day, Junior and I joined Jasper, Bella, and the Cullen's back to the clearing where much to my surprise, the shifters from La Push sat waiting for us. "Sam!" I called in glee, who looked at me in his wolf form surprised. "How have you been? I'm sorry I haven't kept in contact; you know how old-fashioned I am."

"Sam says it's okay," Edward answered for Sam even though I could read people's minds now. "He's surprised to see you here though."

"Well, I reunited with my mate," I replied cheerfully, Jasper coming to my side in a blink of an eye, an arm wrapped around me protectively. "This whole time you guys were near my mate; how funny is that?" I looked to Jasper's coven, a thought entering my mind that amused me. "You know, if the wolves saw you attack me yesterday, they would have immediately broken the treaty and attack you all for harming me." Emmett simply snorted in reply while the others cringed. Jasper tensed from beside me, a growl threatening to escape him due to remembering the incident from yesterday.

"How long have you been friends with them?" Carlisle asked me curiously.

"For a while," I shrugged, "I helped them kill this newborn in their lands once, and we became friends after that so I'm allowed to go over to their territory whenever I want to." I glanced at Sam, reading his thoughts that made me smile. I turned to Jasper who peered down at me curiously. "Now that they know that you're my mate, they respect you a lot as they do with Carlisle – maybe more than him since I'm their friend," I revealed to him lowly in vampire speed. If the shifters heard me tell Jasper what they all thought, they would be mad at me for making them seem like a bunch of softies...which they are.

When we were ready to train, I placed Junior in between the front paws of Sam so he would be safe, much to Jasper's dismay. He may respect the wolves, but it was in his nature to be natural enemies and he didn't like the idea of his son being near them. Me, however, since I'm not a normal vampire, the natural enemy thing isn't as strong so I can tolerate the shifters and them vice versa. I sent Jasper a pointed look when I felt his emotions, which made him sigh in defeat and let me be.

I helped Jasper train his coven on how to fight, though left Jasper alone with them to keep Bella company. Now that I felt complete and happy since I've reunited with my mate, I was more willing to tell stories of our human days. "There was this one time," I remembered, giggling hysterically through my words, "when we were teenagers – we were daring each other to do crazy things and I dared Jasper to wear a corset!" Bella laughed along with me, the idea of seeing Jasper doing such a thing baffling her. She was used to seeing him silent and serious; Jasper doing something crazy like that? Unbelievable.

"How did he wear it?" Bella mused once we calmed down.

"He used some small rockmelons as a replacement," I answered, bursting into laughter soon enough. And using my gift, I showed to her the old memory which afterwards made us fall to the ground laughing with tears pouring down our faces. Another sound of laughter could be heard, and looking through my blurry gaze I saw it was Edward who was laughing like Bella and me; on the floor laughing in hysterics while Carlisle stared on in confusion, having been sparring with him. "I think...we...cracked...your man!" I wheezed out in between our laughs; Bella laughing harder when she glanced to her boyfriend's direction.

"Alright, calm down," Carlisle called out with a small smile of amusement, Jasper lending a hand and sending waves of calmness to the three of us.

"I'm sorry, Jasper, but I can't look at you the same way anymore," Edward snickered, Bella and I giggling at the look of confusion on my mate's face. Actually, looking around, everyone was confused. Jasper whirled around to face me, his eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"What did you show them?"

"Only a small memory," I shrugged innocently. Jasper wasn't convinced. Emmett sighed from a distance, clearly wanting to know what was happening. "I'll show you guys later," I waved off, "but for now I think you guys still need to work on your training." Reluctantly they all went back to training, Bella, Edward and I snickering every once in a while when we remember the memory. When the shifters left with me promising to catch up with them, Emmett and Alice flitted my way, curious to know what I showed Bella and Edward.