Chapter 5: Nico

I forgot to add that I don't own anyone. All characters go to Rick Riordan. I got so excited that I forgot to put it in the description. It's there now but for those of you who started before I put it in, I wrote it here.

"Why?" Nico asked with a seething voice as he slammed his fist into the wall.

Percy...

A knock on the door caused Nico to be pulled out of his thoughts. He sighed and walked over to the door and opened it.

The son of Hades smiled as he said, "you always know when I need you most Will".

Will Solace smiled as Nico invited him inside. They sat on Nico's bunk as he explained to Will what had transpired on Olympus.

"Damn! Percy doesn't deserve this!" Will yelled as he clenched his hands into fists. Nico placed his hand gently on Will's and said in the most soothing voice he can, "it's okay Will, Percy is strong and smart. He will find a way to pull through. I know it. If he can survive the Second Titan War, Tartarus, and the Second Giant War, he can survive this".

Will nodded as he stared down at his hands.

"What will happen if you guys find him? What will you guys do? Why make you guys suffer?"

Nico stared out the window, "I don't know Will, but... I feel that we better not find him".

"Good night Nico", Will said as he got up and walked to the door.

"Good night Will", Nico replied as Will opened the door and left, leaving the son of Hades to his own thoughts.

The next day, Nico packed his things and walked out of Hades' cabin to join the rest of the group. He thought he'd be the last person but... it turned out that the last person was surprisingly Luke.

He looked horrible. His blue eyes were bloodshot, he had bags under his eyes, and his hair was a mess. He looked like he hasn't showered in days and he seemed depressed.

Annabeth looked about the same, in fact. If Luke only had gray eyes instead of blue, a they'd look like siblings.

Piper seemed anxious and agitated, probably because she was sent to hunt down one of her beat friends.

Jason looked angery as he glared at the sky as if he wanted to challenge Zeus himself.

Leo looked serious, which probably ment he was also depressed.

Frank and Hazel arrived this morning, they both looked distraught over what the gods had tasked them to do.

"What do we do? Where do we go?" Hazel asked as she stared at Frank with disbelief.

"It's all my fault", Luke said to no one in particular. Everyone glanced at him sympathetically but said nothing.

"The question is, what do we use for transportation? Festus can't fit-", Leo starts counting, "- eight people, we don't have a ship, we don't have a plane, we only have a dragon who could carry three at tops".

"Do we really want to do this?" Luke and Annabeth said in unison.

"We could, like, look but not put too much thought in it?" Luke said, which only got glares from everyone else.

"Well, or we can look, and when we find Percy...", she brings her voice down to a whisper, "we help him".

Luke nodded and saw that everyone else were agreeing too.

"But what if we have to swear on the River of Styx to kill Percy on sight?" Piper asked in a whisper.

"Then I'll use the mist, and make the gods think we actually sweared", Hazel whispered excitedly.