Chapter 20: Luke

Luke spent more and more time with Desmond Fisher, sparing and just hanging out like most demigod friends. He was the only one who didn't have an unconscious bias of Luke, the only person who got to know him. Currently, they where hitting their climax in a spar, Luke was twisting and turning while Desmond met every blow with slight ease. When seeing an opening, he took the advantage, only to be met with Lukes blade. Then finally, the spar ended with Luke disarming Desmond and placing his blade to his neck.

"Ugh! Lost again, oh well", Desmond said as he lay down on the arena ground. Luke chuckled as he extended his hand towards the demigod as he encouraged, "you've been getting better! I still find it strange you weren't claimed yet... it's been over a few weeks now...". The other demigod wen't quiet as he glanced away from Luke, his eyes glazed as he seemed to try and remember something. Then, when Desmond came back, he just shrugged and said, "I'm at a loss. I don't remember being claimed. I just know that whoever my godly parent is, it's my dad. I lived with my mom, a single mother who tried to raise three boys, myself and my two half brothers. She was a kind woman who worked really hard to raise us children, I joined the military as soon as I could to alleviate some of the pressures on her shoulder.... I wish I hadn't gone into that hotel.... I'd be able to help-".

"Desmond, if you are a child of... of a god of any sorts your presence would only put your family in even more danger. Don't worry, your fine", Luke interrupted as he placed his hand on Desmond's shoulder. The demigod shook his head and smiled at the son of Hermes, "thanks". Luke replied by walking past him and throwing Desmond a bottle of water. The demigod grabbed it and dumped some on his head, Luke immediately saw the slight spike in energy that reflected off his eyes and skin just as the water hit his face.  He wondered if, perhaps, the spike was from pouring cold water on his face and waking him up, however; he suspected that it was due to everyone's theory to his parentage. After their break, the two boys left the arena to get ready for dinner.

***

Dinner was uneventful and delicious. People chatted and practically all of Ares, Aphrodite, Athena, and Hermes tables all listened with utmost intrigue as Desmond recanted some of his favorite stories during WWII. Luke heard them all, but his favorite was the one Desmond was recanting right now.

"-I swear, drill sergeant Davison was part Fury! He seemed to wait for my friend Sammy and I to do something bad so he could give us the most brutal punishments! Cleaning the toilets with our toothbrushes, cleaning the dishes after Thanksgiving after all the soldiers with no families, which where hundreds I might add, ate every single course including seconds and thirds. Over a hundred *suicides... he was litterally a demon... or monster I guess I can say now. So one day, Sammy and I decided as a last day of PT finally, we were going to get our revenge. I seriously don't know how Sammy did it, but before Sgt. Davison put on his hat, Sammy placed the strong, sticky adhesive I sto- um... 'borrowed' from the repair department and placed it inside his hat. Now, a little thing about Sgt. Davison, he has a tiny bit of hair on his head that no one knows about because his buzz cut is just that short. So when he pulled off his hat with extreme force... he pulled his hair with it. His face was so red with anger that he litterally looked like an apple. Everyone was laughing, Sammy and I most. But our happiness was short lived when he made EVERYONE do a hundred suicides. But after that day, everyone voiced in hushed whispers thier thanks of making Sgt Davison retire. Which made us feel we accomplished our goals."

Everyone laughed at the story, the Stolls got a mischievous gin on their faces causing Luke to shudder. He was DEFFINATLY going to check his hat every day from now on... we were just about done with dinner and where to head out to the camp fire to make smors when a sudden scream was heard. Desmond was the first to react, jumping out of his spot, pulling out his new sword and charging towards the noise with his militant instincts. Luke followed close behind with his own blade he always kept to himself while the rest of camp flew into a frenzy, preparing for battle. Desmond and Luke broke though the barrier and saw as a boy, no older than ten, was leagues away being attacked by a Cyclops. Desmond seemed to snap with fury as he gave off a rage filled scream. Then suddenly, the water from a river close by slammed into the monster to get it off the kid and then continued to pummel it until it finally became a pile of golden dust. The water splashed down on the ground and Desmond crumbled to his hands and knees, gasping for breath.

Just then, a green tridant floated over his head, and Luke knew that all the camp's suspicions on who Desmond's godly parent was where now all fact. He heard a collection of gasps from behind, causing Luke to turn and see that the whole, armed camp has seen the spectical as well. When Desmond stood, everyone bowed as Chiron spoke, "Hail Desmond Fisher, son of Poseidon, the God of the Sea, the Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Father of Horses. And brother... of Perseus Jackson...", the centaur said the last part with a mournful tone which caused many demigods to bow their heads lower in sorrow. Desmond, however, was giving a look of confusion at first. Then, for some reason looked up and gasped as he saw the fading light of the sea green tridant. Luke was the first to get up and steer Desmond away from the melancholy crowd of demigods and muttered, "lets... get you to your new cabin". The newly claimed son of Poseidon glanced at the forest one last time, before following Luke towards Cabin three.

*Suicides: A high-intensity sprinting drill, consist of running to multiple progressively distant lines, within a set, as fast as you can. Speed, endurance and agility are all highlighted when running suicides as they test your ability to push through mental and physical fatigue to meet your goal. Had to clarify so this story wont get reported lol 😂

AN: firstly, sorry for taking too long. This "update only on -" thing was working at first, but now I'm taking it down because it is obviously not anymore. Secondly, sorry for the shorter chapter than usual but hopefully you liked it. I made it obvious that Desmond was a son of Poseidon from the beginning and I realized that he wasn't claimed yet so here it is.

Thank you all for your patience, and I promise after Thanksgiving, when Marching Band season is over, I will update quicker.

And finally, does anyone want a chapter on Desmond's pov?