Chapter 17: Luke

Luke and Travis bolted into the woods, Luke "borrowed" some ambrosia squares and nectar to help heal the might be Aiónios . Wht would a god allow themselves to be injured in such a way? Luke asked himself as he remembered the key fact Connor Stoll had said, he was bleeding golden ichor, that can only mean he is some sort of immortal. A god most likely...

As they ran through the woods in silence, Luke's thoughts wondered to Percy and the letter that mysteriously appeared in his hand. Could Aiónios be Percy? It's a stretch but a possibility I can't ignore.

Then Connor started to slow his pace causing Luke to snap out of his thoughts and follow suit. Once they got to walking, Luke wondered if they were close until Connor stopped and stared at a dark figure on the ground. Upon closer inspection, Luke saw that the figure deffinatly did fit the description of Aiónios . He then frowned as he saw the golden blood around him, why?

He cautiously crept over to the dark figure and bent over him. Just as he was about to touch him, the figure immediately flipped over and grabbed Luke's wrist, time stopped around him and the figure let go.

"Help me to a water source, please Luke", the figure said weakly. Luke frown only deepened as he said, "I brought ambrosia and nectar. It should help so you will be able-".

"Please?" Aiónios asked in a pleading voice. Luke sighed as he knelt down and placed Aiónios arm over his shoulder and hoisted him up. The pair made their way to a small stream that branched off form the larger river. Luke placed Aiónios by the water's edge and he placed his hand into the water. Then suddenly, his wound on his side healed and he breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you Luke", he said in a normal voice. Luke's bidy went ridged as he remembered the voice.

"P-Percy?" He asked. The figure turned his head and lifted off his mask and hood to reveal the long lost demigod's face... though not his eyes.

"By Kronos-", Percy Winced, "-Percy! Your eyes-".

"Yes, yes, I know. Their gold like Kronos' but he isn't... he isn't here anymore...", Percy interrupted as he glanced down at his feet and shuffled the dirt. Luke stared at Percy with bewilderment as he asked, "what do you... what do you mean?"

"He faded. But left his powers, memories, and status to me. However... the one thing I'm still wondering is... if you had some sort if powerful presence... wouldn't you feel it at all times?"

The question took Luke by surprise. He blinked a few times then asked dumbly, "what do you mean?"

"All the gods, titans, and even the primordials have a true form right? Wouldn't one feel that at all times if they had such power hidden within one's self?"

Luke pondered this for some time then finally nodded in agreement. "You see, I haven't felt it yet. It might be due to the fact that I am still young and haven't fully settled in my new immortal state. So I haven't been able to activate such power within myself. Secondly, I believe Adrenaline also had to do with my stupidity. The smart thing to have done was stop time and leave. But then, what would have happened if I did that and Connor and Travis had bumped into such a creature-".

"What creature? You haven't told me yet Percy?"

Percy paused as he rubbed his temple with his forefinger. His frown deepened as he muttered, "I have not the slightest clue. It was the size of a mountain lion but resembled a horse and... a wolf. I've never heard of such a thing fron any mythology... have you?"

Luke shook his head as he also pondered the creature Percy had just described.

"Do you think we are in for another war?" He asked with melancholy, Percy was about to reply when he suddenly screamed hand held his head as he lurched forward. Luke caught him and placed him on the ground as his breathing increased and his pulse quickened.

"Oh gods, Percy! Are you okay? Percy? Percy!?"

Suddenly, he bolted upright, his hand on his chest and his quick, laboured breaths slowly attempted to be normal once more. He gave Luke a wild look, stricken with fear and he knew that something had just happened.

"Percy, what had just happened? It was almost like when Rachel gets possessed by the Oracle...", he thought as he remembered witnessing her give a small prophecy for an equally small quest for some new campers to get an old scroll for Ella the Harpy. It was some sort of scroll about fading that no one can read except her.

"That... is a closer prediction to what had just happened than anything...", Percy said with a sigh.

"I just... had a vision Luke. Of the future".

"But how? You nor Kronos are a Titan lord of fate or prophecy right?" Luke asked, more confused now then ever.

"Yah... but perhaps it has to do with being the Lord of time? You know... past, Kronos' memories, present, my memories, and future... visions?"

Surprisingly, that theory made sense to Luke. It was strange when he thought about it at first but the more deeply he thought on it the more it made sense. When Kronos was in Luke's mind, he always had some sort of reluctance in everything, almost as if he knew it wouldn't work. Could he have been seeing the future this whole time? Or could it have been just an intuition? He would think from time to time but always shrugged it off.

But now, with Percy seeing visions, it resurfaced the questions he has asked himself before.

"So, what did you see?"