2

"Are you dead?"

James' eyes shot up wide to immediately be met with Thomas' face close to his.

"Ahh?! What the hell!" James screamed.

"Woah sorry, I just haven't seen someone sleep at night before" Thomas said looking down at James.

"So you immediately thought I was dead?" James replied, mostly not expecting Thomas to answer.

"Well sorry for worrying about you" Thomas responded, looking away from him and crossing his arms.

"Sorry I just didnt expect you to be so close" James said sighing slightly, he felt a bit bad for snapping at Thomas.

"Why? Do you want me closer~" he smirked.

"..I'm gonna go get some coffee." James spoke getting up and walking out.

Thomas blinked, before running after James.
"Um, do you know how to work that? Because I can help you if you wa-" Thomas was interrupted.

"No thanks." James protested, though deep down James knew he couldn't work the coffee machine.

Thomas stood there watching James trying to figure out how to work the machine.

"..this is unbearable" he quickly stated before ushering James off next to him and teaching him how it worked.

"Now what do you want?" The taller one asked.

"Just a cold chocolate mocha.." James replied.

"You like it cold?"

"Yes. Don't judge me!" He yelled defensively looking away.

"Well alrighty then"

Once James had gotten his coffee he looked at Thomas.
"Um thanks, that was really nice of you"

"No problem jemmy"

"We haven't even known each other for an hour and you already have a nickname for me?" James said quietly sipping his drink.

"Correction, you haven't know me for an hour."

"What? What's that suppose to mean!?"

"I was snooping through your stuff" Thomas addressed casually.

"Wh-...What the hell?! You don't just go and snoop through peoples things!" He yelled spitting out his drink on Thomas.

"Hey, say it don't spray it.." he muttered.
"Its gonna take forever to clean this off!" Thomas whined.

"Let me try something.." James said not caring whether or not Thomas said yes or no.

James tried to use his powers to get the liquid of him.

Thomas watched as the coffee stain disappeared from his shirt to the hair where it was in its liquid form. James then floated it to the sink and looked at Thomas, amazing with himself.

"Wait so you have some weird liquid abilities?" Thomas asked.

"No..I can actually make things around me float and stuff it's pretty cool I guess but not as cool as yours" James admitted.

"How did you know about mine?"

"You made me feel fear over a roommate I barely knew, without any detail what happen to them, all you told me was that they were dead, if anything I should've felt empathy"

"...guess I'll have to be careful around you" Thomas said quietly.

"Mhm."

"So, what are your classes? We might have a few together so I can show you the ropes of things around here" Thomas said, he wanted to be a bit more friendly as all he'd done so far is prove to be a..difficult roommate and he didn't want James to think that about him.

"Wait really? Um..first is a potions class or something-"

"Lucky.." Thomas mumbled.

"How am I lucky?"

"Its just, you get to mix things with other things first! You'll have a bunch of fun at the first start of you day, the hell is this!...what next?"

"Oh um then spell class, then after that I have the history of magic, then magic practice, gym-"

"Well we have two classes together!"

"Really? Which ones?"

"History and spell class" Thomas smiled to himself but James had no idea why he was smiling. He could only think of that Thomas was just happy that he could get to know more about his roommate or something even in class.

"Oh that sounds fun but what's RW class?"

"Its just a class this teaches you think about the real world like..one lesson would be about how to do taxes, or how to get a job or how make a portfolio, or a resume. Sure you normies have high class schools but in the end we are taught how to live our lives and what to do" Thomas chuckled, sitting back on the couch.

James giggled at Thomas' remark.
"Well I guess I came to the right school then"

"Speaking of which why did you come to this school at this time?"

"I only found out about my powers a month ago"

"..your powers have been with you for all your life that's how they work, and not once did they ever come up? Not once have you notice it at all?"

James thought around to the moments in childhood not remembering him seeing things float around him, mostly because when things did, he just wouldn't see it. Truthfully, James always had these powers, nobody really bothered to care and would question their sanity when they did see something out of the ordinary.

"Nope, it happened randomly in class, I minute later things are floating around me another second they all drop to the floor, my teacher comes over thinks I did something wrong then all of a sudden I'm making 5 students including their desks float in the air, my teacher screams and I get sent to the guidance council"

"...wow.." Thomas was speechless.

"Yep, now I'm here, with my roommate"

"Is that a good thing?" Thomas asked.

James thought around for a moment and nodded

"Yeah..yeah it is"

Thomas smiled, happy with James' response. James suddenly felt an overwhelming amount of joy. Thomas had unknowingly used his powers on him, considering his oblivious smile and him having his eyes closed.

"Thomas, you're using your powers right now" James said overly cheerful.

Thomas opened his eyes as his smile dropped.
"Huh? Oh sorry, I don't have complete control yet"

"That's fine, sometimes I make things float around me when I don't even want to, Haha..that reminds me of the time when I accidentally made my father fly into the kitchen cabinet" James laughed half way through the story, Thomas laughed with him as they both had found it funny.

They both settled down for watching TV.

James wouldn't admit it but his roommate wasn't half bad.

L o l
Help me pls I can't get this song out of my head-

Well anyways I made this as a chapter where they get to know each other so things arent in the blue, and I can have them start to ya know
Be
H e l l a
G a y

So if there are any typos pls tell me and I probably fix them