9

James sat down with Thomas on the couch, his 24 hours weren't up yet and he only hoped Thomas wouldn't ask any questions to revealing.

"James can I ask you a question?" Thomas asked.

"Yes of course you can"

"Be honest with me are you sure you don't have any other powers you don't know about?"

"No" James quickly said before shutting his mouth. James sighed knowing that he had to come out with the truth and explain himself.

Thomas stared at him, Thomas never thought he would hide something like this. He could tell James was nervous and he let James explain himself.

"I swear I didn't know until yesterday! It was all peggy"

"Okay I'm done with this peggy bullcrap. What. Happened!" He yelled wanting to know, he wanted he help James through this but didn't know how if he didnt know anything.

"I can't say or she'll do something to you!" He yelled back before covering his mouth with his hands and looking at Thomas.

"James I don't care! Tell me! Whatever it is we'll do it together!" Thomas got up and started pacing around.

"I..I can't risk it okay" James said taking his hands away. He looked down sighed.
"I just don't want you to get hurt or controlled or.." James bit his lip then looked up at Thomas.

Thomas calmed down and sat down next to James.
"I'm sorry, I just want to help you..I just don't know what to do and I'm really really worried" Thomas spoke softly.

James looked at him, he smiled weakly before taking Thomas' hand. Thomas immediately looked at James.

James gave a weak sigh.
"Thomas..you are wonderful" he said softly looking up at Thomas.
His face flushed a light pink as he set his gaze on James.

They stayed there like that for a while before Thomas forced himself away and looked down, in fear of being selfish and not helping James out.

"So what are we gonna do now..if peggy is threatening us and all" he said his voice was calm but it was smooth or soft either.

"I really don't know anymore" he sighed and slumped on the couch shaking his head. James looked towards the window they had outside, it was very odd as he didn't notice it before infact he thought he saw a person. A girl with curly hair that was tied up with a yellow blouse was outside it.

He was confused but then recognized it was peggy. She was pointing at something. James turned to what she was pointing at and she seemed to he pointing at Thomas.

James quickly shook his head 'no' but peggy nodded her head 'yes'.

'Theres water everywhere jamie, even in places you don't expect. I could control anything and anyone I want. Hmm. I wonder, if I could control people by moving their blood through their bodies, could I use their powers. Maybe I should use your poofy haired roommate as my guinea pig'

James snapped out of his thoughts, her voice was ringing in his ears, he still remembered everything from last night.

"James you alright?" Thomas asked, concerned.

"Um..no everything is fine" James said, lying but the urge to tell the truth was to great for him to resist.

"I'm lying, I'm remembering her words from last night and I'm seeing her in the window that she may or may not have created"

"...what?" Thomas looked around for a window but he couldn't see anything.

"James there is nothing there..what are you seeing? More so what are you remembering you're worrying me.." Thomas said growing more worried for his roommate.

James could clearly see the window in the corner of the room, he guessed that peggy only let James see it, to taunt him.

'You're crazy, don't you dare do anything to him.'

'But what's the fun in that? Besides I can teach you what I know, you're stronger then you think'

'I'd never become someone like you. Just please leave me be and I promise I won't tell anyone alright?'

Peggy smiled through the window, she grabbed a paper from her pocket and started chanting the words on it.

James was scared he didn't know what to do, all he knew was peggy was determined to do anything to James as long as in the end she wins.

James thought of his options it was either go to peggy and learn about the darker side of his magic or keep letting this go on and have his roommate be terrorized as well. He looked up at where the window was suppose to be, but she was gone and so was the window. Whatever spell she casted it was done, but he didn't know what it was.

Everything was fine, the window was gone, the TV was in place, the couch was fine, Thomas was opening the door and leaving, the kitchen was okay.

Everything was fine.

That's when James realized Thomas heading out the door. 

"Thomas!" James yelled out. There was no response and James decided to leave after him. Thomas was walking to the schools rooftop. James followed, calling him but it was like Thomas couldn't listen to him, it was like his mind was blank and all he cared about was going to the roof.

Thomas went up the flight of stairs with James following until they made it up. Thomas went to the edge of the roof.

"T-thomas please can you hear me..you're scaring me"

Thomas didn't respond.

He then turned to James with his eyes closed.

Then fell

Rip