12

Peggy sighed, she came back to her sisters dorm tired yesterday and was up ever since, never getting an eye of sleep.

She walked out to be greeted by her sister Eliza, sister on the couch.

"Hey pegs you trained James yet or did he still struggle?" Eliza asked.

"He's learning, he has to anyway." Peggy replied crossing her arms and looking away.

"It's alright but did you really have to torture him and his roommate?" Eliza commented, she was reading the school's newspaper scowling at the principals picture.

"I already know James, he can be stubborn, he won't do anything he doesn't want to unless he is pushed to it, besides it was fun messing with people" she said sitting down on the couch next to Eliza.

"Well how do you know he's..the one?"

"Trust me on this! He'll do amazing things! I've already taught him last night. how to read peoples thoughts!" Peggy smiled happily.

"That's great..but the day is coming closer and closer we need to speed up this process"

"But I already struggled teaching James how to read thoughts! I didn't even teach him how to shut it off and control it..if he learns anymore he's gonna make it noticeable! We'll be figured out and his powers will be out of control!" Peggy explained to her sister before looking down.
"Hey I miss her too and Maggie is a jerk but..we can't do that to James..he is a human being to"

"..a human being with special abilities. I understand where you're coming from but..we can't afford to lose her. Especially not after what I said.."

"It's okay..just give him sometime..I'm sure if I tell James what we're doing this fo-"

"No! H-he can't know.."

"Eliza! James is scared and confused he doesn't know what's going on or how to fix anything. The least we..the least I can do is explain myself.."

"Fine. Just not too much..If he knows too much he and Thomas might be in trouble."

Meanwhile..

James was at the coffee shop with Thomas having their first date. James was understandably nervous and Thomas was unbelievably anxious.

"So um..thanks for the coffee" James smiled before taking a sip.

"Its fine..I mean you're welcome? Wait did I say that right.." Thomas looked down before up at James.

James chuckled at him before sighing.

"I could've paid you know" James said quietly.

"It was my treat" Thomas assured, before standing up.
"Wanna go for a walk?"

"Sure" James smiled as he stood up as well as threw his empty coffee cup away.

They walked across a grassy path which led to a small little bench which had a of the city beyond the school.

"Woah.." James was in awe, the city lights were lit up.

They both sat down and looked at the view, admiring it as well as each other.

"Um..so James you look nice" Thomas complimented nervously.

James giggled at his nervous voice and rolled his eyes.
"You look amazing as well"

'Oh no he's better at this then me'

Thomas thought to which James only shook his head at that thought

Thomas sat closer to James and held his hand. James blushed but didn't say anything and only gripped on Thomas' hand as well.

"May I...may I um..I dont know..i..um..may i..kiss you..?" Thomas said quickly before rambling on about how I'll be just one kiss nothing more nothing less.

"Yes"

"I-..o-okay" Thomas looked at James a bot anxious but started to lean in.

They were about to connect lips before peggy intruded.

"Hey guys! Sorry to um..yeah well I need James!" Peggy said quickly before poofing James and her to the pond with the field of flowers.

"What the hell peggy!" James yelled angrily.

"I know you're mad but we need to train, besides I need to teach you how to control your mind reading skill, it'll help with blocking out any energies that try to manipulate you"

"..what?" James asked, confused.

Thomas sighed getting up and walking back to the school.
"Damn peggy..oh well fine...I probably already screwed up anyway" he mumbled to himself as he made his way to the school. He looked at the entrance into the school and paused as the principal was there, she hadn't been out of her office for a while and even so she would be in her room not outside.

Thomas shrugged it off and waited for her to pass but she grabbed one of the students and started to suck the magic away from them as well as their youth.

Thomas drew alarmed, he hid behind a tree and watched as the principal grew younger and the student faded into dust.

It took a while before the principal collected the ashes and left. Thomas ran into the dorm and locked himself in. He couldn't believe what he just saw.

"That's the real reason why I'm doing this..you're special you've been gifted with abilities beyond just telekinesis! You just need to open your eyes! This whole time I've been trying to use a spell to manipulate your mind but it doesn't work not when you're alert. James you're the only one that can save my sister.." she explained

"..I'm so sorry..I didn't know..I'll try my hardest, can I at least warn Thomas?"

"Alright but you have to learn how to stop hearing-"

Peggy then noticed James was already gone.

"Thoughts.."

James ran fast, darting across the forest and out into the open to go to Thomas at the dorm. He ran until he made it to the dorm. He walked in out of breath. Thomas was sitting in the couch reflecting on what he just saw.

"Thomas you okay?" James asked still trying to catch his breath

"I think we have a problem.."

Yeah sorry for any spelling errors I'm like rlly tired rn