Memories, Promises, and Injuries

Chapter Seventeen:

Sub's POV:

I watched as the nurse put Mercy in the nursery.

I wonder what Elijah need my car keys for.

But I'm really worried about (Y/N).

I wish I was helping them find (Y/N)...

“Hey Luke, you okay?” Lacey asked.

“Uh... Y-yeah...” I said.

“Sub... I know if you're lying.” She said.

I let out a sigh.

“Yeah... I'm just worried about (Y/N)...” I said.

“You love her don't you?” She asked.

“Erm.” I don't know how to answer.

“Luke, you can tell me anything.” She said.

I look at her...

She changed a lot...

She's not the same Lacey I knew before...

“Yes, I like (Y/N). But I don't know if she likes me. What if she likes Elijah? Or Denis? They're a lot better than me. I can't even show my face to my own fans.” I rambled.

“Don't think that. Just tell her. (Y/N)'s different. I can see why you love her. She is the kind of girl who forgives easily. You're just not ready for what she has to say.” She said.

“And if she don't love you... Just find another one. Like she said last time... There are seven billion people in the world.” She said and patted  my shoulder.

I nodded slowly.

“Also, Sub please promise me something.” She said.

I look at her to hear what she has to say.

“Promise me, once I recover you'll take care of Mercy.” She said.

“I don't understand.” I said confused.

“Once I recover. I'm running away. I'm going to travel. Possibly to Philippines or Greece. Promise me! Please Sub.” She asked. I shook my head at every word she said.

“No Lacey no. Mercy can't grow up without her mother.” I argued.

“Look at me. She don't deserve to have a mother like me.” She said.

I disagree...

“Okay fine.” I said anyway because I know she won't stop asking me to ‘Promise’.

She smiled.

Corl's POV:

I exited the cubicle and approached the mirror.

Why did this happen to me?

I look at the mirror, my deep blue eyes staring back at me, slightly red from crying.

It's all because of that woman.

“Don't cry lad.” I hear someone say, I saw it was the doctor who confirmed that I was Mercy's father.

“You don't know how lucky you are.” He started. “I have a wife. She suffered miscarriage three times. We knew it wouldn't work the fourth time so we adopted a girl, who is around your age now. It was only a few years ago that we found out she was sterile. And then her own husband left her.”

I noticed his hands formed a fist at the mention of his son-in-law.

“If you don't want kids, you could always abandon it. Give it to someone who actually want one.” He finished as he left.